cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilkiphi
New Member - Level 1

Missing required field

When entering business meals the 'Enter vendor name' field is stating 'No Vendor Supplied' but it won't let me change the field, any help as its coming up with an exception when I try to submit

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wilkiphi That is definitely a rare occurrence for the card transaction to not populate the vendor. 

The only thing I can suggest is delete the card charge from off your claim. Once you've done that, click the Import Expenses link on the expense report. This will bring up your Available Expenses list on the right side of the report. You will see three items. One of the items is the card transaction and one of the other items is the ExpenseIt item for the card transaction. You took a picture of the receipt with the mobile app. 

What I want you to try is take the ExpenseIt item and add it to your report. The system will allow you to change all the fields. Enter in the Vendor, and then save. Now, click Import Expenses again to go back to the list of Available Expenses. Take the card transaction and drag it onto the ExpenseIt item. This will match the two. See if this will save the vendor you entered. I'm not sure if this will work, but give it a try. 

It is possible that the details of the card transaction may override some of the details of the ExpenseIt item, including the vendor. It is worth a shot. Let me know if this works or not. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wilkiphi That is definitely a rare occurrence for the card transaction to not populate the vendor. 

The only thing I can suggest is delete the card charge from off your claim. Once you've done that, click the Import Expenses link on the expense report. This will bring up your Available Expenses list on the right side of the report. You will see three items. One of the items is the card transaction and one of the other items is the ExpenseIt item for the card transaction. You took a picture of the receipt with the mobile app. 

What I want you to try is take the ExpenseIt item and add it to your report. The system will allow you to change all the fields. Enter in the Vendor, and then save. Now, click Import Expenses again to go back to the list of Available Expenses. Take the card transaction and drag it onto the ExpenseIt item. This will match the two. See if this will save the vendor you entered. I'm not sure if this will work, but give it a try. 

It is possible that the details of the card transaction may override some of the details of the ExpenseIt item, including the vendor. It is worth a shot. Let me know if this works or not. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
wilkiphi
New Member - Level 1

I deleted it and then re-added it and the vendor name was correct, thank you

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wilkiphi Awesome. Cheers. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey