cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljackson
Occasional Member - Level 3

Meal Expense types and audit rules to exclude tax & tip

Our company is changing our Health Care Professional meal limits which will exclude tax and tip. We currently have audit rules in place which require a comment if the meal expense is over the per attendee limit which includes tax and tip. Is there a way to change the expense type entry form to separate tax, tip, and the subtotal amount while applying the audit rule to subtotal amount.  Could this also be applied to the attendee amounts?

We have company credit cards so I am seeking the most efficient way to have the system flag exceptions based on this criteria.

Breakfast $25 (excluding tax and tip) per attendee

Lunch $60 (excluding tax and tip) per attendee

Dinner $150 (excluding tax and tip) per attendee

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ljackson I'm not sure the system can separate the tax and tip. How would the system know how much to reduce from the total for tax and tip automatically? 

I have a suggestion, and this is just a suggestion...I'm sure there are probably other ways to get what you want, but maybe this will work.

Since the system needs to know the grand total including tax and tip for reimbursement and paying off the corporate card purposes the Amount field will still need to know the full total. However, you could create a custom field labeled Sub-Total. Users would need to then enter in the amount of the expense not including tax and tip which they can easily get from the receipt. Then create the audit rule off the custom field Sub-Total based on the amount totals you mentioned.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ljackson

Thank you for the suggestion.  I think the real trouble would be the attendee allocation.  The per attendee amount should exclude the tax and tip and I am not sure Concur can configure that change even if the custom fields were created.

ljackson

or could the audit rule be triggered by taking an average amount calculated by the subtotal (custom field) and the number of attendees.

Example: if the subtotal amount is $150 and there are 5 attendee add to the report.  The average subtotal amount per attendee is $30.  The breakfast limit excluding tax and tip is $25 and an audit rule would trigger for a comment explaining the overage.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ljackson The breakdown of the per attendee amount is based off of the total of the expense and I don't know if you could have it be broken down by a custom field for Subtotal. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Kailash
Routine Member - Level 1

i have tried to do with your examples and i can say that is not possible to do as system will not know automaticlly for Tax and Tips.

ljackson

Thank you all for the confirmation