cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylorhouse
Occasional Member - Level 2

May App Update Issues

Does anyone know if there is a issue taking photos of receipts with the latest App update?

On clicking on Reciept, the camera is slow response, does not really grab the document edges correctly and will not take a photo, just seems to hang and quit. It will not even allow me to open from gallery.

I have cleared Cache, uninstalled and still the same. This was working on 9.89.0 but has been an since 9.90.0 and the Camera Aide update.

Current Vesions

Iphone 14.6

Concur App Version 9.90.1

10 REPLIES 10
mbehrens72
Occasional Member - Level 1

Same probleme here on some Iphones. Camera does not crop or is able to do the picture. Is there already a solution?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mbehrens72 this is a known issue with the auto-crop feature. Our mobile development team is working on it. They recommend for now turning off the auto-crop feature. To do this, login to the app. Launch the camera. At the top of the screen, there is a little paper looking icon to the right of the lightning bolt icon. Press this icon. You should see a line through the icon to indicate the feature is turned off.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mbehrens72

Thanks Kevin! Is this also solving the problem that the camera cannot trigger the photo? I have some users who are not able to take the picture since some weeks.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mbehrens72 If the camera isn't taking pictures at all when using the app, I would suggest as a workaround to have your employees not use the app to take the picture, but just use the built in Camera app on their phone, take a picture of the receipt, save it in the photo library on their phone, then attach the receipt to the expense by pulling the photo out of the phone's photo album. 

Have them try that and let me know if that works for them. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mbehrens72

Hi Kevin!

That works for them, but in the end its not a perfect solution. They loved the in-app camera, crop and limited steps to do it.
So an update can be the only solution?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mbehrens72 As far as I know. Our mobile team is aware of the issue and is working on it, but they haven't provided a date yet. It is strange that the in-app camera wasn't working at all. We have had people state that the auto-crop option was inverting the receipt images, but not that it wouldn't take a picture at all. 

Can you find out from your employees if the issue was not matter when they were taking a picture of the receipt from the app. What I mean is you can capture a receipt from the app home screen (using the camera icon) or you can capture the receipt when working on an expense report line item (using the attach receipt option at the top of the entry details). If you could ask them which option they were using to capture the receipt, that would be great. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
mbehrens72

Hi!

I got the answer that both ways are not working. So the "execution" of the camera does not work too. Thanks for your help!!

mbehrens72

Hi Kevin, do you have any news?

taylorhouse
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi. We have been seeing this issue also and I posted this workaround on another thread. Looks like we are all just having to wait for an update

Re: Auto Image Crop not working - SAP Concur Community

Darren

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mbehrens72 No, I do not. For now, your employees will have to use the workaround. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey