cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanPidd
Occasional Member - Level 2

MFA and Shared Accounts used as BI Manager

Hi

Our Global Concur instance was set-up with a location specific Shared Account as the BI Manager for each user.  These Shared Accounts were used by multiple members of the Finance teams responsible for that location. This allowed Reporting to be run by any member of the Finance team and report back on the users at that location.  It all worked very well for many years... until MFA arrived last month which has stopped Shared Accounts from being accessed.

We appear to have exhausted support provided ideas and Finance teams still don't have any reporting available to them. 

Does anyone have alternative ways for multiple members of a Finance team to get reports covering just the users at their location?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IanPidd is creating a profile for each of these individuals not an option? Just asking to narrow down possibilities. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
IanPidd

Thanks.

Virtually all already have their own expense profiles which they use for submitting/approving their own expenses. 

The challenge seems to be that you can add only one BI Manager to each Expense user.  Most Finance teams are three staff or more.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IanPidd if these people already have profiles, then you could add the Cognos Consumer role to their profiles, which would give them access to run reports for whomever they need to see. This alleviates the need for the Finance people to be assigned as BI Managers.

Has this been considered?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@IanPidd You could consider using a custom Cognos report with bursting to users based on the filters. Have you considered this option?

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
IanPidd

Thanks @leedau 

I'll take a look at that option. 

Not sure precisely how to do that practically but I'll have a look for some instructions. 

It may also be useful for a non-MFA challenge we have.