cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crdecker
Occasional Member - Level 2

Itemized Warning Triangle

So very recently when I itemize a receipt or hotel folio a little warning triangle shows up with zero indication of what I am being warned about. I have itemized, attached receipts, added people to multiple attendee expenses, etc. I have even played around and changed the amount of the expense (thinking some kind of threshold is being flagged) but nothing matters. What gives?

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@crdecker From the way the audit rules are, it looks like it is more of just a warning for approver's and processor's.  You wouldn't know the limits as they are not visible to the users.  If there was an issue with the limits, I believe your manager or processor would let you know.   I see that you were able to submit the report!  The reason that it auto approved is that for this workflow they have skip steps depending on certain exception codes.  Your report did not trigger any of those exceptions, so it was auto-approved at each step.  I hope that helps a bit!  If not, feel free to let me know 🙂  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @crdecker ,

Did you try clicking on the down arrow at the extreme right of the expense report itself? Normally, this should provide more information on the waring or error message(s).

rohanpatil_0-1694437498642.png

crdecker

Yes - no other detail or warnings show up.

crdecker_0-1694439505667.png

Only when I go into the expense and click the itemized tab do I see the warning, and if I hover over it I just see "warning"

crdecker_1-1694439603887.png

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@crdecker Thank you for posting here!  I was able look at your report and you are correct.  These are warnings for limits on certain expense types, but only the Approver and Processor can see the warning message.  These will not stop you from submitting your report, so you can just ignore them.  

Have a super day! Let me know if you have more questions on this!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
crdecker

@MelanieT - How does one know what the limits are? For example, lodging expenses which I don't recall were 'out of policy' have warning triangles or multiple attendee meals?

Does the presence of the flags influence the 'auto-approve' logic? (just curious)

Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@crdecker From the way the audit rules are, it looks like it is more of just a warning for approver's and processor's.  You wouldn't know the limits as they are not visible to the users.  If there was an issue with the limits, I believe your manager or processor would let you know.   I see that you were able to submit the report!  The reason that it auto approved is that for this workflow they have skip steps depending on certain exception codes.  Your report did not trigger any of those exceptions, so it was auto-approved at each step.  I hope that helps a bit!  If not, feel free to let me know 🙂  

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen