cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Untitled1977
New Member - Level 1

Itemization won't separate when expensing hotel

My company is now requiring us to itemize our hotel bill to separate tax from room rate.  I create a new expense for a hotel, it then requires you to itemize the bill.  I do that, put the room rate in the "room rate" box and put the room tax in the "room tax box".  However, when I save it shows the itemization all as "Hotel" and hot broken out with room rate and room tax.  I have tried this on three different divides (Android app, iPad app, computer), all with the same result.  Can anyone offer suggestions?  I've spent hours on this and with no result.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Untitled1977 some companies have their site configure to auto-combine room rate and room tax into one itemization. It sounds like this is what is happening in your situation. As long as you can see a daily total for each day and as long as you account for all charges on the hotel bill, you shouldn't have an issue. Now, keep in mind I don't know your company's policies and procedures so when I say you should be fine, the operative word here is "should". 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kberkery
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD Can you explain how to change this setting so that we can see the tax break out?

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello @kberkery !  Thank you for your question 🙂  This is actually a setting that we would need to change on SAP Concur's side.  Here is information as to the options for this and also how we update it on our side:

Policies have one of 3 choices for how Room Rate & Room Tax are handled:
• Employee chooses to combine room rate and taxes
• Always combine room rate and taxes
• Never combine (separate) room rate and taxes  

NOTE: It is strongly recommended that this option be set to Never combine room rate and taxes if you intend to be comparing actual room rates to booked room rates in generated analytical reports. This allows a true comparison of the two room rates. 

Always combine room rate and taxes works with the Hotel Itemization Wizard. The hotel itemization will have two lines per day for Hotel; 

1. Hotel Room Rate
  2. Hotel Tax Rate

An expense policy can define whether room and tax (in lodging expenses) is always combined, always separate, or whether the user can choose to combine or separate them.

To make changes to these options you will need the Expense Configuration Administrator role. If you do not have this role please raise a case with SAP Concur Support to make any changes.

The options are set in each policy with the following steps:
  1. Click Administration > Expense Expense Admin > Policy
  2. Select a policy and click Modify
  3. In the Room Rate & Tax Option select one of the following options: 
  • Employee chooses to combine room rate and taxes
  • Always combine room rate and taxes
  • Never combine (separate) room rate and taxes
       4. Click Save

NOTE: It is strongly recommended that this option be set to Never combine room rate and taxes if you intend to be comparing actual room rates to booked room rates in generated analytical reports. This allows a true comparison of the two room rates by excepting the room tax rate.

I hope this helps!  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.