cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEcnx
Occasional Member - Level 3

Issue with moving an expense line item, which is currently added to a report, to a new report

Hi Team,

We encountered an issue while attempting to move an expense line item from its current report to a new report. We followed the following steps:

• 1. Opened the report containing the line item

MEcnx_0-1724093465390.png

• 2. Selected the checkbox next to the desired line item
  • 3. Clicked "Move To > New Report"

MEcnx_1-1724093542329.png

However, upon opening the new report, we noticed that the information saved in the expense (such as amount, itemization, and allocation) had changed.

MEcnx_2-1724093779078.png

Is this a common error? Or is this the expected behavior?

Thanks and regards.

Maria

8 REPLIES 8
carmel_rochon
Routine Member - Level 1

This happens to me every time I try to move a fully populated expense to a new report. All fields that are modifiable are reset to void/default, and I have to input the information again. I'm not sure if it's the intended feature Concur is going for, but it's not only happening to you. 

Sorry I don't have a solution, but maybe @KevinD will have a fix or some words from someone on the backend 😞

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MEcnx and @carmel_rochon what is interesting to me from the screenshots is the amounts are changed, but look at the report total. It is correct. I'm not sure why this is. I also noticed that the new report shows an amount column and the new report has three entries, but you only selected one entry to move. Did you move only one entry to a new report?

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MEcnx

Hi @KevinD !

I moved only one entry, but the entry is itemized in two entries. That's the reason you can see three entries.

Before moving the entry

MEcnx_0-1724111661425.png

After moving the entry

MEcnx_1-1724111741807.png

Hoping you can help us with this issue.

Thanks and regards.

Maria

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MEcnx is this your report or someone else's? If someone else's, please private message me their name. 

Did you notice that the report total is correct, though? 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MEcnx

Hi Kevin,

This is regarding a test user, not a private user (cctestuser1@ceoderma.com).

We are currently testing a scenario where the user needs to move their expenses to another report, but they missed all the information they have already updated.

I noticed that the report total seems to be correct, which is unusual because it does not match the expenses we have.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks and regards,

Maria

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MEcnx So, I looked up your company and it shows you are a Concur Partner, is that correct? If so, I would suggest submitting this to the Concur Partner Support portal. Have you accessed this portal before?

I'm suggesting this because of two reasons: 1. We have dedicated resources specific for our Partners and 2. Our Partner team has been very clear that our Partners should be using the Partner Support Portal first and foremost for any help they need.

Thank you,
Kevin
MEcnx

Hi, Kevin,

That is correct and I understand your point. However, the Partner Support Portal is not available since the client isn't at the Implementation Stage. Having been a former technical consultant of their Concur site, we are helping them with this issue. 

Apparently this is an issue that many users, such as @carmel_rochon , have.

Is there any chance you could take a look and see what's happening? Maybe this expense movement is not supported by Concur. Your help on this would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks and best regards.

Maria

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MEcnx Hmmm...I thought the Partner Support Portal was for your as a Partner and not dependent on whether your customer was implemented or not. I'm going to ask about this.

In the mean time, send me a private message with the entity ID you are working in. I'll take a look, but can't promise anything. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin