cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reetu_Ratn
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to restrict employees from combining 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler in one report?

We have to create an expense type for parking charges which includes 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler but employees should not be able to claim both the types together. It should be either 2 wheeler or 4 wheeler in one expense report.

How this can be acheived?

3 REPLIES 3
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @Reetu_Ratn ,

Can you please take a screenshot of expense entry form and show me how you have taken 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler values. I wanted to see whether you have used drop down list or checkbox or something. After that I would be able to help you.

If you have used any of the list or checkbox to capture vehicle type then you wont be able to achieve this validation.

If you to make validation work then you have to go for 2 separate expense types named as "parking charges - 2 wheeler" and "parking charges - 4 wheeler". 

After that create below audit rule: 

Event - Entry save

PoojaKumatkar_0-1728909264171.png

If this answers your query, then please mark solution as accepted.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
Reetu_Ratn
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi @PoojaKumatkar 

I am still in the build phase for the expense types. I am checking on the validations which are asked by the client and accordingly I am trying the same in lower instance.

Do we have the option to use radio button for vehicle type?

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @Reetu_Ratn ,

We don't have any option to use radio button by design. Also, above suggested solution will not work in any of the case if you use separate custom field to capture vehicle types.

You have to go with separate expense types then only above solution will work as data object which we are using for validation purpose is applicable for standard expense type field and it will not work for the custom fields. Also, the usage of that data object is used to check occurrence of the specific expense types in the expense report (daily, monthly. weekly, yearly). 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja