cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albatros
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to debrief lodging that was mistakenly charged to my AMEX , then later was founded back

Me and my coworker paid with our corporate American Express card the dinner the night before.

The cards of each one were swapped.

Following day we paid the hotel bill using the wrong American Express cards.

I realized about the mistake, I was able to cancel the charge, my coworker returned back to the hotel counter to do the same with mine.

However the charge couldn´t be canceled.

In stead the Hotel applied founds back to my American Express card for the the exact same amount, so that the charges were canceled out.

The mater is complicated.

I would like to explain this to someone.

May I have alive help to further explain this mess and help me out ?

Otherwise should you have been in the same predicament, please replay back to me,

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@albatros if your charges were correctly canceled/credited then you are all good. After crediting your AMEX, did the hotel then charge you correctly? 

For your co-worker, did the hotel explain why they could cancel your charge but not theirs? That seems odd. 

In any case, your co-worker should dispute the charge with AMEX and wait to be credited. That would be my advice.

Also in the future, since these are corporate cards, your company would cover the charges on each card even if the wrong charge appears on your card. As long as the charges were in the correct amount, but on the wrong card, it all evens out. 

For example, if your hotel bill was $300 and your co-worker's bill was $200, but the charges were switched, the total your company would be sending to AMEX is $500. It really wouldn't matter which card was charged which amount. 

Does that make sense?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@albatros if your charges were correctly canceled/credited then you are all good. After crediting your AMEX, did the hotel then charge you correctly? 

For your co-worker, did the hotel explain why they could cancel your charge but not theirs? That seems odd. 

In any case, your co-worker should dispute the charge with AMEX and wait to be credited. That would be my advice.

Also in the future, since these are corporate cards, your company would cover the charges on each card even if the wrong charge appears on your card. As long as the charges were in the correct amount, but on the wrong card, it all evens out. 

For example, if your hotel bill was $300 and your co-worker's bill was $200, but the charges were switched, the total your company would be sending to AMEX is $500. It really wouldn't matter which card was charged which amount. 

Does that make sense?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
albatros

Thanks for replying

I submitted a separate report including both charges ($150+$150) and the applied credit -$300.

All of them are cancelling each other.

rebecacoral

Hello

I used my corp AMEX by mistake, instead of my personal and now it appears in my expenses.

I refund the cc with the same amount I spent. Would that even out and solve the issue? 

Thanks!