cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amy_Alpine
Occasional Member - Level 3

How to audit Concur Expense for "available expenses"?

As admin, I'm trying to figure out which of my users have expenses they haven't put on an expense report yet. The unsubmitted expense report in Intelligence refers to unsubmitted expense reports. And the unassigned expenses refers to expenses that came over through a credit card feed. The expenses I'm referring to are unrelated to the feed and would have come through Concur Travel. How do I find these?

17 REPLIES 17
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Amy_Alpine Hello Amy!  I feel like I don't totally know what you are looking for.  The available expenses will show Credit Card transactions, Itineraries and also E-receipts.  Are you wanting the Itineraries to come through?

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Amy_Alpine

Hi Melanie, I'm interested in e-receipts related to itineraries in Concur Travel. I have users who aren't adding those e-receipts to an expense report and I'm trying to quickly identify which of my users have e-receipts and/or itineraries that need to be put on an expense report. Right now, I'm viewing every one of my users expense portals with my admin credentials -- one at a time and it is extremely time consuming. Our concur activation coach was great this summer; however, they said they couldn't think of any other way to know which users hadn't put their expenses on a report yet. 

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Amy_Alpine Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. I am not sure you can report on this today. You can report on transactions that have e-receipts attached. You may want to run a report for unsubmitted transactions and filter for unsubmitted transaction that shows Pending Card or Cash/Out of Pocket payment type. Generally, e-receipts will show with a payment type of Pending Card or Cash/Out of Pocket. 

Let us know if that works. You can also submit this as an improvement request. To submit a new improvement request or vote on an existing improvement request, please visit the Customer Influence Website.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Amy_Alpine

I think you're right that this can be reported. Thanks for sending me the link for how to put in an improvement request. Based on your comment, I went and attempted the unsubmitted transaction report but it returned "no data available" similar to the "unassigned" report. Concur said the unassigned report is related the credit card feeds and since we can't use that function (only one card per employee for feed whereas we have one corporate card for the whole company to use), reports that rely on feeds return "no data."

jbitner1
Occasional Member - Level 2

@Amy_Alpine  I am also struggling with this and the closest I have gotten to receiving the data we are looking for (unsubmitted itineraries that were never matched to a credit card transaction and/or e-receipt) is by running the Hotel Stays Expensed Not Booked in Concur Travel. This report will show you who has submitted hotel credit card transactions or cash items without an attached itinerary. When I ran this & spot checked, those who were on the report, had the Pending Card Transaction (itinerary) in their available expenses still. There is also a Car Rentals Expensed Not Booked in Concur & Airfares Expensed Not Booked in Concur Travel.  I hope that made sense! 

Amy_Alpine

That made lots of sense. I dug into intelligence for those reports and came across those three in addition to one that is close to what I was hoping for "Airfare Booked But not yet Expensed" in Standard Reports/Expense Processing folder. The three reports you mentioned seem to be saved in "previous report versions." I ran the "Airfare Expensed but not booked in Concur Travel" and got different results. The "airfare booked but not expensed" shows users with available expenses not on a report for the flights they booked in Concur Travel. The "airfare expensed but not booked in Concur Travel" seems to be showing itineraries our TMC booked as a guest and I manually uploaded the e-receipt later on. I really like the "Airfare booked but not expensed" report, but there doesn't seem to be a similar report for hotels or cars. I'm going to try to fiddle around and build that kind of report for hotels. The quote for consultative intelligence was really high. I think I'd need to build up a big list of desired reports to justify that expense.

jbitner1

We use Consultative Intelligence and it's been great, definitely worth the added cost. I do wish in some instances they would show me how to do certain things so I can do it on my own but at the same time, it's nice to just submit my request and have them create it or tweak it - it's a time saver for sure!

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@jbitner1 Thanks for the post in the SAP Concur Community. Please discuss this with your assigned Report expert, as they can definitely assist with knowledge transfer. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
jbitner1

Hi Lee-Anne, I have already been in touch with our report expert & he is amazing! 

cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

I created a custom report in Cognos (we have the Managed Service for Consultative Intelligence but if I can easily create my own report I will). The report I created shows all Pending Card transactions by filtering (in Expense/Entry Information) by Payment type "Pending Card Transactions". For me, I added a lot of other information, including an "Assigned Flag" (Expense/Credit Card Transactions).  This way I can monitor those who are adding these to their report before the transaction flows in (for training purposes).  Not sure if that's helpful, but thought I would mention it. 

jbitner1

Thanks for this suggestion! I also try & create my own reports when time permits but having Consultative Intelligence has been a lifesaver when I'm in a pinch. 

Amy_Alpine

Much appreciated. My company is brand-new to Concur, so I'm still working my way over the initial learning curve of creating a custom report. With some more reading and tutorial video watching, I plan to return to this thread and try making the report you described to see how much that resolves my transparency concern. Thanks for the suggestions. In these early day, I'm grateful for any tips and tricks other users share.

cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

Absolutely. Feel free to reach out and message me anytime. I did find out that my Pending card transaction report is including reports which were deleted, and after some research learned that apparently there's no reporting to identify or flag deleted reports. I'm going to think on it some more, as I believe it's just an issue w/the older line items and shouldn't really affect the newer items. 

Amy_Alpine

Good to know. I hadn't thought about deleted line items showing up or deleted reports before. In month two of using Concur, I can already see certain screens getting cluttered with old data (e.g. payment method screen and batch screen showing retired payment methods). At least 24 months from now, I can imagine begging Concur for a away to purge certain items after some amount of inactivity. It's particularly distracting when closing a batch as I haven't yet found a way to see only active (non-retired batches/payment methods). 

cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

When you say "closing a batch" what does that mean? Also, you should be able to easily filter by payment methods.  When you say "screens" do you mean in the Expense platform or within your reporting options? 

Amy_Alpine

Indeed, the screens I'm referring to are in Concur Expense Platform. By "Closing a batch" I mean from the Admin/Company/Toos/Payment Manager screen which shows closed and open batches. The payment methods I've retired still show up in the payment manager. They don't have any available expenses (nor are they going to), but they still appear as batches with their old/closed batches. There's a checkbox to "Hide used batches" but I would've loved on "Hide Retired batches." Payment methods that are literally deactivated in Concur don't sort to the bottom. They appear in numerical/alphabetical order with the descriptor "Retired" at the end of their name. Similarly, in Concur Expense settings, under "Expense File Export," when I'm configuring my batch settings, all payment methods appear -- including de-activated methods. The drop-down menu for choosing which payment method's expense file export I want to adjust, is getting longer and longer, and Concur doesn't sort de-activated methods to the bottom. The de-activated/retired methods remain peppered through my active payment methods/batches. Alas. 

cmakai
Routine Member - Level 2

I did find out that I was assuming reports were deleted when they weren't - Basically if you filter by Approval status Not submitted - if you receive a Report ID - if it wasn't submitted you can't see it in the Expense Processor search (which is where I was looking). I should've been looking in their reports (proxying in as an Admin) to find those. I'm going through now and deleting these old reports w/old pending's so the users won't be confused and can focus on what's actually needing to be submitted.