cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
USWsdymerski
Occasional Member - Level 1

How often is employee details data refreshed for the Analytics report

I ran the Employee Details report from Analytics this morning and a change I made yesterday is not showing. Other employee details are incorrect as well, and there were no changes made to them yesterday. How often is the data refreshed (I thought it was nightly)?

And we are on Professional Edition Concur Expense; do we have access included to use Cognos Business Author role under Reporting (Permissions)?

7 REPLIES 7
cjmarimo
Super User
Super User

Hello @USWsdymerski 

The data update is one per day.

Normally the data that is updated in Concur appears in Analytics the next day.

BR,

cj

USWsdymerski

That is what I thought, but apparently that is not what happened. Our data in Analytics appears to be days old, if not older. What should I do, open a support case?

Well, I think so, as you yourself say, you may open a house in Support Contact.

@USWsdymerski I looked at two examples of your employees and with these two employees, the default approver shown on the Employee Details report is the Default Approver 2 assigned to the user. So, for some reason the system is reading the default approver 2. 

Also on a side note...I noticed that you use the Analytics tools, yet you are on our Professional platform. Our Professional platform usually uses Cognos reporting. Did you possibly migrate your site from our Standard Platform to our Professional? I'm wondering how you could be using Analytics with our Professional offering. 

As for the refresh, Analytics is supposed to refresh every 15 minutes. 

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
USWsdymerski

Yes, we did migrate from Standard to Professional. The Analytics is what we were shown by our Account Manager to use. Yesterday we updated 2 folks' roles to Cognos Business Author and we will be testing with that today. Out of 57 users reviewed against actual setups, 20 were incorrect, and some do fit with what you saw, but some do not. 6 do not have a default 2nd approver set (blank) and the Default Expense Report Approver shown on the report matches neither the Travel Manager nor the actual 1st expense approver in the employees' setups. So it's kind of "all over the place" - even for myself I changed my default 1st expense approver on Tuesday, and I ran the report Wednesday morning and it still showed the prior approver that I had set for myself. So it really looks like it's not refreshing and I opened a Support Case for it. Side note that on Standard, we found that setting the Expense Manager/first approver was overwriting the Travel Settings Manager and vice versa, which is why we migrated to Professional so that we could have different expense approvers and travel settings managers (business requirement). I just ran the report again this morning and my record now appears to be updated, but many are still incorrect. We will see what is found on the Support Case I suppose. FYI that we were never really introduced to what reporting was available to us on either platform, we had to kind of figure it out for ourselves until we asked questions and were shown Analytics on our Professional platform and told to use that. I only found out about Cognos Business Author role from reading Community posts, so at least there's lots of good resources on the Community.

@USWsdymerski I would ask your account manager if you could be moved to Cognos. It it way more robust and likely more accurate than what you are currently seeing. I'm kind of surprised you weren't moved to Cognos reporting when you migrated from Standard to Professional. I would definitely ask your SAP Concur account manager about this. I am not involved with migrations, so maybe there is a reason you were kept on Analytics.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
USWsdymerski

We've already been in contact with him. Trying to get it all worked out... thanks