cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbeau
Occasional Member - Level 1

"Out of Pocket" for Credit Card Charge

I have an expense item that was automatically loaded after being paid for via corporate credit card. The only option for payment is "Out of Pocket" and it cannot be changed. 

My understanding is that this happens before a credit transaction loads in to be matched, and in that case, you would wait for the transaction to load. Alternatively, if the credit transaction was already submitted in a previous report, but this is not the case. This expense has been there since 04/11/2024, and the credit transaction was not submitted in a previous report.

I also read that this can happen if the credit card is not assigned to the account, but it has been for quite a while.

Can anyone provide insight as to what is going on here? Thank you in advance.

1 Solution
Solution
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @kbeau 

I understand that you had an expense on 11-April and the corresponding e-receipt was loaded to Concur (available expense). When you attempt to add this to an expense report, the system will only allow the selection of payment types configured for manual input (in you case 'Out of Pocket'). Since it has been so long since the transaction was incurred and you confirm that you did not use the card transaction in another report, I would see two possibilities.

1. Credit card not assigned - If you have even had any other transaction incurred on the card available to you in Concur, this is not the case
  2. Card transaction not loaded to Concur/ hidden due to card import settings - Certain transactions like payments are not loaded to Concur. At other times there are errors in the card transaction import. IF you can see the transaction in the bank portal, it is likely that one of these has happened.

In both cases, the resolution will be to reach out to your company's helpdesk teams. Information is typically available in your Concur homepage or your normal support number/ site. The teams should be able to guide you on the next steps.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Rohan

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Rohan Patil
SAP Concur Community enthusiast
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @kbeau 

I understand that you had an expense on 11-April and the corresponding e-receipt was loaded to Concur (available expense). When you attempt to add this to an expense report, the system will only allow the selection of payment types configured for manual input (in you case 'Out of Pocket'). Since it has been so long since the transaction was incurred and you confirm that you did not use the card transaction in another report, I would see two possibilities.

1. Credit card not assigned - If you have even had any other transaction incurred on the card available to you in Concur, this is not the case
  2. Card transaction not loaded to Concur/ hidden due to card import settings - Certain transactions like payments are not loaded to Concur. At other times there are errors in the card transaction import. IF you can see the transaction in the bank portal, it is likely that one of these has happened.

In both cases, the resolution will be to reach out to your company's helpdesk teams. Information is typically available in your Concur homepage or your normal support number/ site. The teams should be able to guide you on the next steps.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Rohan

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Rohan Patil
SAP Concur Community enthusiast
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kbeau
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi @rohanpatil,

I believe it is an error in card transaction import. The credit card is assigned, and this is the only expense item that has not matched to the card. I will reach out to our helpdesk.

Thank you for your help.