cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karakitt
Occasional Member - Level 2

How do I turn off ExpenseIt for e-receipts or pdfs I forward from an email address?

ExpenseIt is more of a hassle than a help - I need to turn this feature OFF completely and I can't figure out how.  It seems to have turned itself on automatically for receipts I forward in from my emails.  In the past, these receipts would just go into my Available Receipts.  Now, they are being processed automatically by ExpenseIt however this is NOT helpful. 

Today it took the Courtyard logo image from a hotel folio email and turned into its own Meal receipt with an amount of $100!  It set the location of a rental car receipt as somewhere in New Jersey because that's the location of Budget headquarters.  I don't want to double-check computer-generated expenses.  I want to go back to the way things were, where I can manually enter my expenses and just make sure they're done correctly the first time.  This is now making my expense processing take twice as long trying to catch all these stupid mistakes. 

How can I disable this feature for receipts I forward in from my email??

EDIT: This has been solved as described by @claireswiss  and @dawkinsc !!!  On the web, navigate to Profile Settings > Expense Preferences and Un-tick the box for using ExpenseIt on forwarded receipts.  I just tested this with a forwarded flight receipt email and it worked!  The receipt is showing up in my Available Receipts, not as an autogenerated expense!!

68 REPLIES 68
dawkinsc
Occasional Member - Level 3

Perhaps your contacts could be invited to view the forum and see the people's feedback.  They may be enlightened.  😉

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dawkinsc but then what would have to do? 🙂

In all seriousness, you make a fair point.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dawkinsc
Occasional Member - Level 3

While I am happy to hear there is a new release coming, the idea of eliminating the "need" to email receipts does not sit well with me.  We want to email receipts in addition to any updates and enhancements that may be coming.  I don't understand how changes they are making takes away from things which were already functioning in a positive way.  Arrrggghhh, its frustrating to say the least.  

TammyK
Super User
Super User

This affects me as well.  I don't even need to explain the problem as Kara has detailed exactly what it is doing in all her messages. 

Concur needs to remove this.  It is a nightmare.

This is an emailed receipt.  It is NOT Dinner, it was NOT sent from a Mobile phone, the date is NOT 10/18 and it just randomly puts in a Japanese27 amount.  The receipt has nothing to do with Japan.

TammyK_0-1698523767975.png

Jmarah
Occasional Member - Level 2

We are having exactly the same issues,  We were really impressed with this system when we installed it and this is just turning it into an admin nightmare.  I have users submitting claims with cash expenses on instead of using the corporate card line so it taking me hours of processing time to do it. 

wilkerik
New Member - Level 1

Please let me know how to fix this.  I now have  duplicate and erroneous Expenselt expenses attached to all incoming receipts that I can not then attach to my accurate credit card expenses.   My company requires that I use the credit card transactions and I can not attach uploaded receipts any longer with credit card transactions.   Additionally, the Expenselt transaction all come in as "Cash" which could cause accidental extortion.   For both ease of use and legality the Expenselt should be an opt-in option.