cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCKasai
Occasional Member - Level 2

How can I generate a report to see all rental car transactions from the past year?

Hi,

My management has asked me to generate a report containing all rental car transactions company-wide from the past year. I have been searching through the training videos, but found nothing that can help me with this task. Any insight on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
carmel_rochon
Routine Member - Level 1

If you have access to Cognos Reporting, I think the following path will give you what you're looking for:

Reporting > Analysis > Content > Intelligence/Standard Report > Trips > Car Receipt Details

Then fill in the required fields with whatever data parameters you need, and click Finish in the bottom right corner. Hopefully it captures the information you need! 

JCKasai
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thank you @carmel_rochon 

Question, if I had no access to Cognos, is there a way to generate that report?

carmel_rochon
Routine Member - Level 1

Hmm, I'm not sure about that... hopefully @KevinD  will have some kind of workaround! 

@carmel_rochon Cognos and the canned Travel Reports that @cjmarimo mentioned are the two best options for seeing rental car transactions. 

@JCKasai it is pretty easy to get Cognos access. It is just a permission that needs to be added to your profile. 

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @JCKasai ,

Below is the alternate way to get list of such expense report which has Car Rental expense type in it.

For that you need Expense Processor/ Expense Processor (Audit) role.

1. Create custom query

PoojaKumatkar_1-1729588990119.png

2. Write below conditions as per your expense type and save query.

PoojaKumatkar_0-1729588934755.png

3. Run your custom query as shown below. With that you will get a list of all expense reports which has car rental expense type in it.

PoojaKumatkar_2-1729589045882.png

After that you can extract that expense report list into excel if needed using 'send to excel' option available at bottom.

Note - With this query, you will not get transactional information. It will only give you expense report header information which has Car Rental expense type in it.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
cjmarimo
Super User
Super User

hello @JCKasai 

If you only have the Travel module, you can see all car rental transactions:

Go to: Home->Reports->Trip Reports->Car Rental Details

Select:

*Date range: All year

*Year: 2023