cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SFranklin82
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hotel Receipt Missing

Hi! I have a teammate that stayed at a Hilton she booked through Concur. She has a partial (room service) receipt listed in her available receipts (received 07/03/2020) but not one for room charges. She contacted the hotel and they stated because she booked through a 3rd party they could not issue a receipt. What is best course of action to get this receipt for teammate to process report? Thanks!

"The receipt that is attached is for my incidentals / meal only, not the hotel stay. I didn't use a 3rd party site, I booked through Concur. The Hotel stay receipt has still not come through yet."

2 Replies
KevinD
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@SFranklin82 Okay, I have to say, the person your teammate talked to at Hilton can't be serious about not being able to issue a receipt. I've never heard of this ever happening. The booking was in your teammate's name, your teammate paid for the hotel, so they shouldn't have any reason to deny a receipt. 

Having said that, I would have insisted they email me a copy. I have stayed at pleny of Hilton hotels that I booked through Concur and have received an emailed copy of my receipt. Also, they usually put a copy of the receipt under the door the morning of checkout, so it sounds like something is off with this specific hotel. 

The only things I can suggest are: 1. Double check with the hotel and call them again. If your teammate paid for the hotel on their own credit card (be it a corporate card or a personal card), they should give them a receipt. 2. Have your teammate speak to their manager and see if a copy of their credit card statement could work in lieu of a receipt. 3. If your company has the Missing Receipt Affidavit, then your teammate could use that and explain the situation in the Comment field. 

If the hotel is refusing to send a receipt, I'm not sure what else your teammate can do. 

Lastly, do you mind sending me the name of your teammate (first and last) and your full company name in an a private message. I'd like to look at their Available Expenses just to see what is happening. 

Thanks,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Sr. Training Consultant

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mnguyen
New Member - Level 1

This has happened to me today for a booking from last week at Holiday Inn Express booked through Concur.  The hotel "printed a copy of my receipt" but not looking at it until I returned, it turned out to only be a receipt of incidentals.  I called for a receipt and they resent the same one.  I called a second time, and they said they can't send it because it was booked through a third party and not concur and they said booking.com should send me a receipt, and nobody has sent a receipt.  I have also checked the junk mail folder and have received nothing.