cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrshall
Occasional Member - Level 2

ExpenseIt and Corporate Card Feed

We have been having some issues with ExpenseIt due to our corporate card feed . Because we have the corporate card feed, ExpenseIt creates a second transaction line (which sometimes we can combine and sometimes we cannot) and this has created additional work for our users and even more confusion, especially for those that aren't familiar with it or as competent in the system.

Are there other clients with corporate card feeds that have experienced similar issues and if so, are there any recommendations on how to make this a better user experience?

Payables Policy & Project Senior Analyst
Integrated Procure-to-Pay Solutions
University of California, San Diego
mrshall@ucsd.edu
7 REPLIES 7
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @mrshall ,

You can try disabling ExpenseIt and check if issue gets resolved. 

To disable ExpenseIt, follow below navigations:

1. Go to profile settings

2. Under Expense Settings >> Expense Preferences

3. Under Sign me up for... >> select "None".

4. Save

PoojaKumatkar_0-1721204672829.png

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja

Hi @mrshall 

And what @PoojaKumatkar is mentioning about this feature, i can add that is to create expense reports automatically with the credit card transactions coming from the feed for example, when the user has this activated the assistant will create a report by month with all the transactions that belongs to an specific bank statement date range, something like this:

Report name:  June statement (01-06-2024 / 30-06-2024)

Expenses:

*01-06   Company Credit Card                            150€

*07-06   Company Credit Card                            10€

*09-06   Company Credit Card                            400€

So of course if the Expense Assistant move the credit card transaction to a report and after that the invoice arrive to the Available Expense area the system won't be able to combine this 2 transactions.

i hope this helps

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @PoojaKumatkar 

That setting is for Expense Assistant.

The original post is regarding ExpenseIt.

They are different Concur tools.

Cheers

Dean

grodriguezproje
Super User
Super User

Hi @mrshall 

This is happening when the users activate an app, for example Uber and manage the process (the booking and the payment with the company credit card from the app ) so the users will receive from the credit card feed the credit card transaction and the invoice from the app, they just need to wait until both entries are already in the Available Expenses area and then the system will do the matching those 2 entries.

If you want to avoid this they need to remove this connection so they will just receive the credit card transaction from the feed and then they will need to add manually the invoice received by email.

I hope this helps

TammyK
Super User
Super User

For years EXPENSEIT caused our users an enormous headache.  Also, reports were not caught by our Processors and "CASH reimbursments" were paid out in error due to ExpenseIt because the user did not wait for the corporate card expense to post.  Finally in 2023, I raised a case with our company Global Solutions Manager in charge of the SAP Concur contract and ExpenseIT was removed and de-activated.  

(Note:  For companies that are "CASH only" and do not use Corporate Cards, ExpenseIT would be a great feature and work just fine.)

Resolution:  You will need to have the person in charge of your SAP Concur product to contact SAP Concur and "De-activate ExpenseIt" permanently.

TammyK_0-1721222702861.pngTammyK_1-1721222726595.pngTammyK_2-1721222889410.png

@TammyK - We have a corporate card program and ExpenseIt works fine. With that said, we have a payment type of "Pending Card Transaction" that the ExpenseIt receipts come in and default to. This requires the employee to either match it up with the card transaction or consciously change the payment type to "Cash" before submitting. No reports can be submitted with any entries defined for "Pending Card Transaction". We have had ExpenseIt long enough that our employees would not be very happy if we removed the option of ExpenseIt from them as it save them a lot of time and effort when traveling.

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @mrshall,

Can you provide an example of where you can't combine the transactions?  Normally that is because the card transaction has already been matched to an ExpenseIt item and you have a duplicate receipt etc left over.

As for making it better for your users, the key is educating them to recognise which items are from the card feed and which are from other sources (ExpenseIt, e-receipt, etc).  From my experience both in my organisation and on this forum, a LOT of people struggle with that and I don't really know why. 

One problem is that the Expense Source column is the best tool for this but is only available in Available Expenses, not within an Expense Report.  I have a suggestion in the Customer Influence portal about this if you have access and would like to vote for it:

Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com)

Cheers

Dean