cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mn100
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense can't be submitted - can't claim BMC and Daily Allowance

I am getting the following error in my travel expense:

• You are not allowed to claim BMC (Boarding, Misc & Conveyance) along with Daily Allowance on same day. In order for the red flag to be re-evaluated, you will need to click the Submit link again 

I have claimed a Daily Allowance, a Hotel, and public transportation in the same day.  
I am unsure how BMC comes into this?   Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mn100 So, I looked at the rule and the message should really say (in my opinion) Public Transport, not Conveyance. The exception message makes it sound like there is an expense type named BMC. Your company does not, for some reason, allow you to claim daily allowance and Public Transport on the same day. That is the issue. My guess is your daily allowance is supposed to also cover public transportation. I don't know. That is a question for your company to answer as I've never seen this combination before. 

To get the report submitted, you are going to have to delete the Public Transport expenses. I suggest speaking to your direct manager first though, before doing anything. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mn100 So, I looked at the rule and the message should really say (in my opinion) Public Transport, not Conveyance. The exception message makes it sound like there is an expense type named BMC. Your company does not, for some reason, allow you to claim daily allowance and Public Transport on the same day. That is the issue. My guess is your daily allowance is supposed to also cover public transportation. I don't know. That is a question for your company to answer as I've never seen this combination before. 

To get the report submitted, you are going to have to delete the Public Transport expenses. I suggest speaking to your direct manager first though, before doing anything. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mn100
Occasional Member - Level 1

Kevin,

Thank you very much for providing this answer.  It would not surprise me that my company would have that limitation.  I have opened a ticket with them and I will see what the answer is.

Thank you very much for the very quick response.