cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohsinkkhan
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Report does not reach the approver

Concur show my expense report as "Submitted and Pending Approval" but the approver does not see the report in his inbox. This status has not changed for about a week. Where does the expense report go after submission and before reaching to approver inbox? 

5 REPLIES 5
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @mohsinkkhan 

1 - Please select in concur your expense report;

2 - Under the name of your report you will have a few menus with drop down icon (Summary, Details, Receipts, Email/Print)

3 - Select Details

4 - Select Approval flow (it will show your expense approval flow before payment) OR Audit Trial which will give you all the step already taken in your expense report showing finally where it sit now.

OR if still have doubts you may contact your system Concur administrator to guide you within your Company.

Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
mohsinkkhan

Thanks for the details. I checked the status as you explained below. The report has been through all the steps and moved to “submitted and pending approval” on 3/12/21.

I checked my profile also for the correctness of the approver’s name.

If my approver does not receive it in a day or two I will contact concur administrator.

Maybe the manager has not rec'd the email and doesn't realize a report is waiting.  Advise them to log into Concur anf look under approvals to see if your report is there.  The admin can check if the email address is correct for the approver to get the emails.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
mohsinkkhan

Expense Report Details tell me that it has been Submitted and Pending Approval. My Manager (Approver) checked his inbox and there is no report there.

sorry to come back, but I am unsure where did you check the status of the expense report.. Audit Trial? and Approval Flow? 

My concern as assumption, is that they have been a changed in the approval flow between the expense got submitted and now. Or the expense has been over a certain amount of day queuing to be approved and reached a level where it couldn't go higher. 

Can you try as a test, to create a new expense report (without submitting it) to check the approval flow of where the expense would go? Check the differences with the one you are having problem now and see if you find a reason.

Did you ask your Company system administrator, who could see deeper on this? As from here we don't have access to your system. 

My last solution, if nothing of the above bring to a results, would be to recall the expense report (or get it rejected by expense processor) and re-submit it for manager approval. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari