cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conuser12
Occasional Member - Level 1

Blocking Employees from submitting expense for a black out period

Hi, I like to check if there is a way to block employee from submitting or re-submitting expense report for a period of time - black out period. But approver and expense processor could still approve expense report. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @Conuser12 

yes you can if you have access to create Audit rules,  you can make one that don't allow users to submit report until or before a certain date.  It is common during implementations or fiscal year end closing.

Also you should be able to make the same rules for approving dates using the same principle. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Conuser12

Could you share more on how to set the audit rules? 

Thanks a lot 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Conuser12 See my attached screenshot for the conditions that will prevent submission. A couple of things to keep in mind prior to activating this rule:

1. Test the rule on your test users first. Do not activate the rule or apply the rule to any of your real users until you test that it works. 

2. Audit Rules require Exceptions, it is part of creating the rule. I've only provided the conditions, not the exception.

Let me know if this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Conuser12

Thanks for the image. Could I check if this rules would also prevent re-submission of expense reports that are created before Mar? Like those expense that was returned by approver and also those unsubmitted claims? 

Thanks 

dear @Conuser12 

Your first request was to have a block period, which correctly @KevinD provided you the rules.

However if expenses were created before and sent back by manager, this will still allow employees to submit the expenses. Otherwise you could do the same rule, by selecting "Transactions date" instead of "Creation Date" or you could have your Expense processor team not approving for payment those expense reports. 

Maybe could you please tell the reason behind this request? Is it because the employees are changing Entity in Concur and you need to clear everything on their previous entity?

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Conuser12

Thanks for all the reply. 

The reason why we want to disallow submission and re-submission is when the staff submit the report, there is some checks triggered and we do not want that. Therefore I’m trying to see if there is a way to pre-set this condition instead of having to manually activate the rules on the specific  date. It seem we can’t have this rules pre-set.