cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SueW
Occasional Member - Level 3

Expense Proxy Access

Is there a limit to the number of Concur users you can assign Expense Proxy Access to?

Sue Westphal
1 Solution
Solution
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

We assign the delegate role as well.  Since we have 6 specific groups in our system, we even limit the Proxy to groups otherwise too much info is available.

Nancy Murray
Agfa

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SueW I do not believe there is a limit. I would recommend being very judicious in assigning this permission. If I may ask, what is the main reason you want to provide Proxy access to some users? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SueW

Kevin - We have staff in other countries who need access to expense reports and receipts so they can complete tax documents for their own countries without our team having to pull all the data.

Sue Westphal
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SueW To accomplish this, you could also use the Delegate feature or the Processor role. In fact, we here at SAP Concur recommend using these two options instead of the Proxy. The Proxy role gives that user a lot more access to a person's profile than just seeing their expense reports. We recommend to our customers that the Proxy role is best used for troubleshooting purposes. 

The delegate feature allows me to access the expense reports for anyone that makes me their delegate. The processor role allows access to submitted expense reports and allows anyone with this role to make changes to expense reports as needed. 

I am happy to discuss further if need be. 

I see your other question about how many administrators you are allowed. All of the permissions regarding Concur Travel, Concur Invoice or Concur Expense are unlimited. I would caution against assigning administrator roles to too many people. In discussion with our customers, I have told them that three to four administrators is usually plenty. However, a caveat to that is it depends on how many countries your company has and how many Employee Groups you have configured. 

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SueW

Hi Kevin - would you have time for a phone conversation today? We are looking at making some changes and I need to gather more information. swestphal@us.ci.org is my email address. Thanks

Sue Westphal
SueW

And another question, How many Administrator rights do we have with Concur?

Sue Westphal
lperez-lopez
Super User
Super User

@SueW I agree with @KevinD  utilize the processor (audit) function for teams/stakeholders that only need to download/view expense data. This will prevent the possibility of an employee's personal data from being compromised.

Solution
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

We assign the delegate role as well.  Since we have 6 specific groups in our system, we even limit the Proxy to groups otherwise too much info is available.

Nancy Murray
Agfa