cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgriffin
Occasional Member - Level 3

Expense Delegates

Hi-  Recently and due to the new 2 factor authentication feature, I've given all approvers delegate access to their employees expenses.  When an employee is no longer employed and the approver (supervisor)needs to prepare the final expense report, the delegate can now do this on their behalf.  Love this feature, however, the delegate does not have the ability to approve it.  It just seems that every great feature comes with some other limitation.  Our company wants the approver (their supervisor) to create and approve the final expense report for their employee,  It will still route to AP for review and approval.  

How are you all creating, submitting and approving terminated employees expense reports without having to setup the 2 factor?  How is the delegate approving this final report for their employee,  

At this time, they are reaching out to me (Admin) to approve it for them.  I need another way.  

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.  

10 REPLIES 10
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@bgriffin Unfortunately, the person that creates the report cannot approve the report.  This is to prevent fraudulent activity.  We can see what other people do in this situation as well, but I just wanted to explain why it isn't allowed. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bgriffin as @MelanieT stated...this isn't possible. It has been this way for as long as I have been at SAP Concur, which is over 15 years. I think in these situations it is good for a company to evaluate the process for terminated employees or those that have left the company. If AP is going to approve it anyway, maybe just have AP approve these reports and consider this scenario a special circumstance. Or have someone other than the supervisor be assigned as the delegate to create and submit the report. 

Maybe someone else has another solution that I'm not aware of, so let's see if anyone else replies. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cjmarimo technically, that is true. However, we purposely do not propose this as an option and definitely do not consider this a best practice. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
bgriffin

Concur is certainly more strict with their policies than our company.  If the supervisor is finalizing an terminated employees company credit card expense report, then its fine for them to approve it too.  The final approval is AP however, we do not want the full approval to be only AP.  With that said, would these steps work.  

1.  Employee Termed

2. Change approver to AP

3. Supervisor (delegate) creates and submits final expense report.

4. AP approves report.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bgriffin I'm a little confused...you said you don't want the full approval to be AP, but in your steps you only have AP doing the approval. 

🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
bgriffin

I meant for all expense reports.  For the terminated ones we would make this exception.  

carmel_rochon

Would checking the "Exempt From Approval" box on an employee's Concur profile be a feasible workaround for your company? This skips all of the approval process when a report is submitted, and it goes directly to accounting for processing (or whatever would be after approval in your workflow). 

You mentioned that you need an alternative to you personally approving the reports, so if the goal is to save you steps in this process then it might not work unless their supervisor is a Concur Admin and can make this adjustment on their own. 

Hopefully this helps!! 

bgriffin

I'm not insterested in putting the full approval process on the AP department.  Their supervisors should have eyes on the reports for errors first as well as work up the final report for terminated employees.  AP is not privy to Termed employees as fast as the supervisor or Payroll dept is.   I thought about this though.  

1.  Employee Termed

2. Change approver to AP

3. Supervisor still a delegate creates and submits final expense report.

4. AP approves report.  

Wonder if that will work.  I'm going to test it now. 

carmel_rochon

This could be a configuration you only add when the employee is terminated as part of the offboarding process. Then the supervisor can create/submit their final report as normal and check it for errors during this time. This will help get around the issues of approvers not being allowed to approve a report they submit. Just might not save any steps depending on what your current setup is.

I would love an auto-submit feature if a report is left as "Ready for Review" for a pre-determined amount of time...