cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjalvare93
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Delegate

Hello, my manager recently made me the delegate for another employee that is no longer with us. I haven't received an email asking me to approve or anything else of the sort. When I go to "Expense Delegates" on my profile and go to "Delegate For", there is nothing that shows up. I'm not sure if maybe I'm missing some steps or if there are some permissions missing or what. I need this to be resolved as soon as possible. Thanks in advance. 

9 REPLIES 9
MSteele
Routine Member - Level 1

Hello.  I'd go back to your manager and let them know about the situation.  I was under the impression that no one else can set you up as a delegate, only the actual user.  Your Concur Administrator may have some insight into this also.

cjalvare93

Well my manager and I both looked at it and he was just as confused so I thought I'd give asking here a try. Would you happen to know how I can find out who my concur administrator is? Thank you 

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

What process did your manager follow to set you up as a Concur delegate for another user?  That is an administrator function, so either they are an administrator or they contacted an administrator to do it on their behalf.

cjalvare93

He says that he followed the process outlined on the concur website

DeanR

Are you able to share the link to this process?

Assuming he's not a Concur administrator, if he was logged in as himself then he would only be able to set up a user to delegate for him; he wouldn't be able to set you up as a delegate for another user.

cjalvare93

At first, he was going to handle the expenses so he was set up as a delegate. Then he got an error saying something along the lines of not being able to delegate because he was the supervisor of the ex-worker. He then got with concur and he says that he opened up a ticket to have it set up to where I would be the new delegate. 

DeanR

In that case I would suggest going through Concur Support if they haven't set it up properly.  Your manager should be able to respond to them through the existing ticket as in my experience they don't close tickets until the customer confirms they are satisfied with the outcome.

dlamont
Super User
Super User

You or your manager can set up the delegate, but if the employee is no longer with the company, and their account is inactive, then that would probably be why the delegate is not seen.  A person can only be set up as a delegate or delegate for, when they are active.

DLamont
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cjalvare93 in reading your post, I'm not sure what the issue is. Is being a delegate for an inactive employee causing some issues for you? Are you needing to submit the last bit of expenses this user had? If so, only a site admin can go in to an inactive account and take action. Otherwise, your site admin would need to reactivate the account so you could do in as the delegate, which is not really the recommend way to go.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.