cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgn915
Occasional Member - Level 2

Error when trying to enter expense

This has happened before and eventually went away. A few hours ago, I got this error message and I can't do anything. I've logged out, logged back in, closed the browser, cleared my cache, deleted history, etc. Can someone tell me what this means and how to get rid of it, please? 

"Sorry, but something went wrong with this task. Try refreshing the page, or sign out and sign in again.

If the problem persists, please contact your company administrator or help desk with the following incident code: a8804622-d0d6-4a8c-8007-9b83408d2f81"

The incident code has changed every time, but the error is the same.
Thanks.
1 Solution
Solution
rgn915

@MelanieT Thank you for your help. I'll check the expense types to see if it still does it with others as well and then create a support case. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@rgn915 Thanks for reaching out to the SAP Concur Community.  Here is the error description:  Exception Name: com.concur.expense.exceptions.BadRequestException Exception Message: The specified expenseType.id is not available to create or update a child expense

What expense type are you trying to use?

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rgn915

@MelanieT  

Hi Melanie. I am trying to enter a receipt for a travel card transaction. 

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@rgn915 Is this for your profile?  I do not see a report there.  Or is this for someone you Delegate for?

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rgn915

@MelanieT 

Good morning. It is someone that I delegate for. 

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@rgn915 Can you let me know which report this happened on, and also did you get the error when trying to submit the report?  Or what led up to the error? 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
rgn915

@MelanieT  It's an expense that has report number 9PT506. I get the error when I try to enter the itemizations. 

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@rgn915 What expense type were you trying to itemize it to?  

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@rgn915 I believe it has to do with one of the expense types listed in the itemization.  Something might have change and now it's not active or something.  I think at this point you might want to create a Support case and have them look into it further. 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Solution
rgn915

@MelanieT Thank you for your help. I'll check the expense types to see if it still does it with others as well and then create a support case.