cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natmquinlan
Occasional Member - Level 1

Error message: This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction.

Hello! Trying to submit a transaction, but it's not allowing me until I clear the following error message: " This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction. If this was not paid for via card, you may edit the payment type of the expense to reflect the actual payment method." I'm not sure what this means or what I'm supposed to do. Anyone have a solution?

11 REPLIES 11
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@natmquinlan did you read the article @DeanR referenced? I hope so, since I wrote it.:-)

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
natmquinlan

Hi Kevin – thanks for the response! I'm still having issues with this. Is there someone who I can share my screen with and walk me through the solution? 

@natmquinlan we don't really do screen sharing and live support here from the Community, but I'm sure if you provide a screenshot and an explanation of what the issue is, I can help.

What was missing from the article Dean shared that didn't allow you to resolve the issue? 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
CBRobbins

I have this same issue, except for the fact that the charge is NOT pending. It went through on the credit card, I attached both the receipt and the e-receipt, yet it still shows as an error. I have an impending suspension of my card and need this resolved! It is for a rental car that for some reason on Concur site it still shows as a "reservation" even though the receipt clearly shows the car was turned in, at what time, and was charged to the same card. I can change the expense to cash, then pay the bill, but I shouldn't have to do that since it is clear that the charge went through and is receipted as such with the last 4 of the card on the receipt. TIA for the help!

DeanR

Hi @CBRobbins 

From the article linked above:

What if I have a Pending Card Transaction item on an expense report, but already submitted the corporate card charge?

Delete. Delete.

Delete the item off of your report. This will put it back in your Available Expenses. From there, select the item and delete it. Pending Card Transaction items do not need to be placed on an expense report. Think of them more as a reminder to wait for the corporate card charge. The corporate card charge is the most important item and is what needs to be submitted. 

CBRobbins

I read the article and searched through the community to no avail.

The issue is, the charge IS on my travel card and needs paid! It is not a pending charge, although that is what Concur system shows it as being. It was charged to the card weeks ago; the day after the card was turned in...yet it is still showing in Concur as a pending transaction.

CEvers2

I am having the same issue and I cannot delete because it is with a corporate card and the charge is showing up on the statement and it has to be submitted. I have everything showing the charge as processed but Concur doesn't recognize it. I have given it 1 month and still shows pending. It is gonna hinder the card being used if this isn't corrected. Any suggestions?

DeanR

Hi @CEvers2 

Corporate card charges will have a Payment Type like 'Credit Card', 'Visa', 'Amex' etc depending on how your company has named it in Concur.

An item with 'Pending Card Transaction' Payment Type cannot be the corporate card charge; it is always something else.

Why are some items showing as Pending Card Transaction?

This is a system configuration set up by your company. This setting tells the system to default the payment type to Pending Card Transaction for anything that is not sourced from a corporate credit card transaction. This includes; Travel itinerary items (Airfare, Car Rental and Hotel), ExpenseIt items, and manually created (out-of-pocket) expenses. 

CEvers2

I have the receipt and the corporate card was used, it is on the statement and shows processed on their end.

DeanR

But the 'Pending Card Transaction' item is not the corporate card transaction; it is something that either needs to be matched to a corporate card transaction or deleted (if it's a duplicate, for example).

If the corporate card transaction for that item is not in your Available Expenses then the possible explanations are:

1. The corporate card transaction has been included on a previous expense report => delete the 'Pending Card Transaction' item
  2. The corporate card transaction hasn't come through from your card provider yet => wait for it to come through
  3. The corporate card transaction has been deleted => contact your company's Concur administrator to release it back to your Concur account
  4. The corporate card transaction is hidden for some reason => contact your company's Concur administrator to release it to your Concur account