cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Csullivan1891
New Member - Level 1

Error Message: Value entered for State field is not valid

When attempting to update information under my profile I receive an error message saying the value in the "State" field is not valid. This error comes up whenever I try to save any new information under my profile. It does not have to be address related. The error prevents me from updating any of my profile info.  

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Csullivan1891 that field is not required. Try leaving it blank and then saving your profile. See if that works.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Eirin_Madden
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, I have this exact issue, on the form, and as you said, you should be able to leave it blank ('unless your address is in Canada or USA' - Which mine is not!).

But when I leave it blank I get the error message below.

eu2.concursolutions.com says

Your profile cannot be saved until you have corrected the issue(s) listed below.

-The value you have entered in the State/Province is not valid.

Please provide either a 2-letter state code or a 3-letter province code.

If you are unsure which code to use, please check with your company's

administrator for accepted values.

Regards,

Éirin

@Eirin_Madden I'm looking at your profile and currently I see that the State/Province field does have Co. Louth listed. Did you check the Work Address area and also the Emergency Contact area? 

The Emergency Contact area has a little checkbox that is selected by default that says, "Address same as employee" which will auto-populate the fields in this section. So, try deleting out all the State/Province fields on the profile (there are three of them). To delete the Emergency Contact section, uncheck the Address same as employee checkbox. That will allow you to edit those fields. 

Give that a try and see if it works.

I also noticed there are a few other required fields on your profile that are not yet filled out. Be sure to complete those as well.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Eirin_Madden
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you for the prompt response @KevinD, it is greatly appreciated 🙂

You are correct, when originally setting up Concur I was able to input other info into the State/Provence field without issue. When updating it wouldn't allow me to save any changes. Unchecking, 'address same as employee' in the Emergency contact section and removing the previously saved data was the fix, thank you again.

Kind Regards,

Éirin

@Eirin_Madden great to hear. Cheers. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey