cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgopalan
Occasional Member - Level 2

Employee 305 import for update

We would like to perform update of specific fields from our HR system into concur. There are 1-2 fields that I would like to update using 305 import file. 

Do i need to input all of the required fields in the 305 import file (there are like 10 of them) or can I just provide only the fields to be updated. 

for example, Locale Code, Country code, Currency code are all required fields in the 305 record, but I need to update only the approval manager (or email id). In such a scenario, can i pass the 100 record with 'UPDATE' (Update the existing record with only those fields that are non-blank in the import file) and then pass 305 with my employee number and email id/ Manager id? Would concur system accept such an input? 

6 REPLIES 6
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kgopalan Hi!  The required mandatory fields for a NEW user import are:

• Record Type
  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Employee ID
  • Login ID 
  • Email Address (required for Concur Travel & Expense)
  • Locale Code
  • Ctry Code
  • Ledger Code
  • Reimbursement CRN Code
  • Is Active? (Y/N)
  • Custom 21 - Concur Expense Group Hierarchy
  • Any Company-Specific Required Field

The required mandatory fields for UPDATING an existing user's data are:

• Record Type
  • Employee ID

When importing new users, our system requires a number of mandatory fields to be given values or else the new user will fail to be imported.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

However, we are aware that sometimes, for some clients, when updating an existing user via record type 300 or 305, only the Employee ID can be specified for the system to find which user must be updated and records get successfully modified. 

Unfortunately, even though we are aware of the above, the official Concur requirements are to be followed. To fix the issue, please fill all the required fields.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kgopalan

@MelanieT 

Thank you for the response. 

I have still not tested the functionality yet, but  wanted to confirm before proposing the solution for testing. Based on your response, When updating existing user record information, Record type and Employee id are the only required field. We can pass the other fields that needs to be updated and the record will be updated successfully. 

In scenarios, where the employee id does not exist, General system response is that "error message" will be raised if the required fields are not provided. 

Can you elaborate the following statement. . Are you implying that all the required fields get set to blank for some clients during update when only employee id is specified? 

However, we are aware that sometimes, for some clients, when updating an existing user via record type 300 or 305, only the Employee ID can be specified for the system to find which user must be updated and records get successfully modified

thanks

Krish

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kgopalan Yes, if you are adding a new user via the import and they are not an existing user, you would need to add all required fields.  If you do not for the new user, it would error and not import the user.  If it's an existing user you do just need the Emp ID and then the fields that you want to update.  If other fields are left blank, it will not delete out the current info, it just updates the fields that are populated with new information. 

Let me know if you have more questions!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kgopalan

@MelanieT  Thank you for your patience.

Does Concur have any API where  I can do lookup of concur employees by Name or email id or login id? Or is there an URL that provides list of concur API's that I can research? 

kumarvu

cjmarimo
Super User
Super User