cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulsalem
Occasional Member - Level 1

Emailed Receipts don't Merge with Imported Expenses

My emailed receipts end up sitting in my list of expenses and don't end up being matched up with the auto imported credit card charges.  What am I doing wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
mrashidteneo
New Member - Level 1

Hi Paul, Follow-up question, how did you import expenses on Sap Concur Pls? Am new user and interested to know if credit card statement upload is possible. Thanks in advance.

AK1
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @mrashidteneo ,

It depends on your company's policy, but most companies do not accept the card statement as a receipt. A receipt provided from the vendor should be used. For importing expenses, there are many ways and depends on the payment method. If it is a corp card, you can usually work with the bank scheduling a daily feed, so charges from the last few days get imported into the Concur profile of the card holder automatically. Otherwise, you can use the "+New Expense" button to manually create an expense. Alternatively, taking a photo from Concur app, creates an entry in Concur OR for verified emails, you can send an email with the receipt to receipts@expenseit.com

AK1
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Paul, We use receipts@expenseit.com (for verified email), so there is a new entry created at the report. Once the corp card transaction feeds into Concur and because we have the Expense Assistant Feature active, that moves in the last created report as well and they merge. If you use the same logic and they still sit in the expense list, you can better check with Concur support.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@paulsalem what email address are you using for the receipts? Are you sending them to: receipts@concur.com? If so, those will not match to card charges. The receipts@concur.com email is just to store your receipts for future use. You will then need to attach the receipt to its corresponding card charge. 

You aren't doing anything wrong. As someone else in this thread explained, using receipts@expenseit.com will match receipts with card charges. However, this depends on whether or not your company purchased ExpenseIt. One way to tell is if you use our mobile app, when you log in you will see a camera icon at the bottom of the home screen. If it says ExpenseIt, then you have the feature.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
paulsalem

Thanks Kevein, we do have "ExpenseIt".  The emails I forward to receipts@concur.com just sit in the "expenses" tab.  I can manually "ExpenseIt" to have them scanned but I have to do them each individually.  I wish there was a way to automate this.

When I do it manually I get a bunch of error messages that say "Analyzing error Image does not contain a receipt"  that hang out in the "Expenses" menu forever. I can't seem to post a pic of this for some reason.

Hello @paulsalem 

once sent the email to receipts@concur.com isn't better to wait for the cc charges and just match the receipt and the charge?

There is no need to use expenseit unless you need to certify your receipts.

Regards

paulsalem

No I want the picture of the receipt to automatically match the credit card charge when it shows up, just like Expensify does for free.

Isn't that the whole point of ExpenseIt? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@paulsalem When I have a corporate card charge, I do the following:

1. Open the mobile app.

2. Press the ExpenseIt button.

3. Take a picture of the receipt

4. Verify the amount is correct, then press use.

5. I should get a message from the app that my receipt is ready.

6. Wait a couple of days for the card charge to upload into my expenses. When this happens, it will match to the ExpenseIt item.

I shouldn't have to do any manual matching of credit card charges and ExpenseIt items. Be sure not to add the ExpenseIt item to an expense report as soon as you are notified it is available. If an ExpenseIt item is sitting on a report, then a corporate card charge uploads to your profile, they won't match automatically. They both need to be in Available Expenses to get auto-matched.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.