cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chengdunlei01
Occasional Member - Level 1

Do I need to report these two expenses that can be cancelled with each other?

Hi, 

My name is Dunlei Cheng and I work for Eli Lilly. My working email address is: cheng_dunlei@lilly.com.

I had a business trip to Indianapolis 3/15-3/19, 2022. I stayed in Hyatt House Indianapolis Downtown 3/15-3/18 and the hotel charged my American Express business card $449.28, which I included that in my expense report and my manager as well as American Express approved this expense.

chengdunlei01_0-1649162165109.png

However, there are 2 expenses that were related to Hyatt House which are cancelled with each other that I don't know how to include in my expense report. The 1st one charged $449.28 on my American Express card on 3/17 and the 2nd one gave American Express an credit of $449.28.

chengdunlei01_1-1649164499385.png

I guess the 1st one might be charged with error by Hyatt as it was even charged one day before I left for Hyatt. The 2nd one might be self correction by Hyatt. But I cannot report both expenses as I don't have either receipt of each expense to include in my expense report.

I wonder what else I can do with both expenses. Any help will be appreciated. 

Thanks.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chengdunlei01 to satisfy the itemization requirement, just put the stay as one day and put the total of $440.58 in the amount field with no room tax. That should do it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chengdunlei01 just add those to your next report. They will cancel each other out. That is the best way to clear them out. If the system requires a receipt for them, I would type up an explanation, save it as PDF and attach it to both.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
chengdunlei01

@KevinD 

I will try your way and let you know if it works or not. Thanks for your response!

chengdunlei01

@KevinD 

I tried your suggestion but it did not work out. The reason was the system asked me to itemize the hotel expense of $440.58 that was wrongly changed on Am Exp card on 3/17. Without a receipt, I could not do the itemization so Concur declined to submit the report on my behalf. 

I am thinking the system should be able to figure out that both expenses can be cancelled out. I am not sure in this scenario if there is anything I can help unless you can let me know new tips. Thanks.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chengdunlei01 to satisfy the itemization requirement, just put the stay as one day and put the total of $440.58 in the amount field with no room tax. That should do it.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey