cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonia_Raber
Occasional Member - Level 1

E-Receipt Amounts

Hello - while very common, the use of e-receipts does not always go hand in hand with a company card expense and should be able to be used when requesting reimbursement on a personal form of payment.  However, it was recently noted that the amount field at Expense Entry is being populated and locked down on out-of-pocket expenses when matched with an e-receipt.  When being used with a personal form of payment, it is possible that not every item on the hotel folio/e-receipt is reimbursable. For example, movies, mini bar, room service - but when on a personal form of payment marking those itemizations as a "Personal Expense" does not work and can create an employee receivable (depending in the overall configuration) or reduce the overall amount due the employee in error.  Our advice has always been to simply not include the personal line items in the overall amount being requested for reimbursement.  However, with e-receipts locking down the amount field from being modified that is not possible and renders the e-receipt completely useless, forcing the user to attach a different form (pdf, jpg, etc.) of the receipt instead.

My question is, can the configuration be modified to allow the amount field to be modified when an e-receipt is being used with a non-company card related payment type?

3 Solutions
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Tonia_Raber Hello!  I hope you are having a wonderful week.  Unfortunately, the configuration cannot be changed for the e-receipts and the amount field.  It is not something that we can modify for these types of scenarios.  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tonia_Raber I tested this out and I see what you are saying. The initial intent of E-Receipts was for them to be used with corporate card transactions so that is why the amount field stays locked.

One thing I didn't quite understand is why marking some items as personal wouldn't work. How is an employee receivable being created? Also, if an item is marked as personal because it is not something that can be reimbursed, why is it an issue if the overall amount owed to the employee goes down? Isn't that how things should work? Would you mind clarifying this for me please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Solution
Tonia_Raber

@KevinD - Thank you for the response Kevin.  I spoke with a colleague and sorted out the SAE functionality of "Personal Expenses" on Out-of-Pocket expenses and can consider this item as closed.  Thanks again!

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Tonia_Raber Hello!  I hope you are having a wonderful week.  Unfortunately, the configuration cannot be changed for the e-receipts and the amount field.  It is not something that we can modify for these types of scenarios.  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tonia_Raber I tested this out and I see what you are saying. The initial intent of E-Receipts was for them to be used with corporate card transactions so that is why the amount field stays locked.

One thing I didn't quite understand is why marking some items as personal wouldn't work. How is an employee receivable being created? Also, if an item is marked as personal because it is not something that can be reimbursed, why is it an issue if the overall amount owed to the employee goes down? Isn't that how things should work? Would you mind clarifying this for me please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Solution
Tonia_Raber

@KevinD - Thank you for the response Kevin.  I spoke with a colleague and sorted out the SAE functionality of "Personal Expenses" on Out-of-Pocket expenses and can consider this item as closed.  Thanks again!