cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmconners
Occasional Member - Level 3

Does anyone use Yodlee? Need a solution for our card program that cannot feed to Concur

I'm in the process of setting up Australia and just learned that their bank cards at NAB are not part of a corporate card program so the bank feed to Concur can't be setup as planned.   This is a small site and  apparently a corporate card program will take about 8 weeks.    In the meantime, the implementation manager suggested using Yodlee.    Our account manager said he's heard mixed reviews of this product.   I'm curious if anyone uses it and if so, what has your experience been like?    He said there are often problems with the feed.

What I'm trying to solve for is, we have about 3 cardholders in AU that are part of their company card program with NAB.   The remaining 14 employees use personal cards.     I don't know exactly what kind of a credit card program this is, just that it can't be setup to feed into Concur.   

These cards are auto-paid monthly by our company funding account, so to us, they are corporate card transactions.   I'm trying to figure out a way to get these transactions into Concur but they should not be paid as personal expenses.    Our account manager suggested using a new expense type such as "NAB card", or similar, for all card transactions.   This would separate the card transactions from any personal charges.      Would this be a better solution? 

If experts have other solutions, I would love to hear them! 🙂

Thanks so much!

1 Solution
Solution
rmconners

Hi,

Unfortunately we can’t use Yodlee as a solution.  I found someone asking the same question in the SAP community a few years back and you responded.    

Linking an Individual Corporate Card via Yodlee - SAP Concur Community

To our company, the Australia card program is a corporate card program.   Their cards are auto-paid monthly so employees who use them are not eligible for cash reimbursement.    I learned today that I may be able to create a payment type for corporate cards and have users manually enter details from their transactions.    Once this is in place, I'll work with the extracts support team to ensure there's enough info for these transaction to move over to their credit card extract.   

This could be a temporary workaround until they get a corporate card program in with a feed to Concur in place.

Appreciate your help! 

Robin  

You’ve been tremendously helpful and when we’re ready I hope to work with you again.  

Have a great weekend!

Robin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@rmconners Hello!  While you are waiting to hear from others who use Yodlee, I wanted to post some info on Yodlee here for you too!

To understand Yodlee there are a few things to note:

• Yodlee is a software company that offers an account aggregation service that allows users to see their credit card, bank, investment, email, travel reward accounts, etc., on one screen.
  • When Yodlee is connected with SAP Concur, users can link card providers’ online accounts and pull transactions into SAP Concur for expensing. The bank/vendor must be a participating member of Yodlee (most large banks/vendors are). 
  • Yodlee can be used by individuals and smaller companies equally and is a permanent change. We are unable to disable it once it is enabled.
  • It can only be enabled at the group level, not the user level.
  • Users will be able to add/remove personal cards at will.
  • There is no extra cost.
  • The transactions look quite similar to transactions coming from a feed. 
  • Personal card transaction data is very limited. There are no ticket numbers or other Level 3-type data received.
  • Only the user will be able to see transactions in Available Expenses. Delegates/Proxy can only view transactions once moved into a report.
  • A personal card can only be entered while on a computer/laptop. A card cannot be entered while using a mobile device.
  • It can be used for supported personal credit cards that the company authorized the employee to use, or company-issued cards that do not meet the requirements for a corporate credit card feed.
  • The system will import transactions for the past 30 days on the initial set-up.
  • The employee must log in to SAP Concur at least once a week to ensure that new transactions are imported.
  • Users can have multiple personal credit cards in their profile at one time.
  • Business Branded Card Accounts Only Some banks like Chase Bank and Bank of America's Business restrict Yodlee links to Master/Admin Accounts ONLY Please refer to KCS article  Can Business Credit Cards be linked via Yodlee? for more information on linking Business Branded Credit Cards via Yodlee

The following countries are supported by Yodlee and SAP Concur service:

• US
  • IE
  • AU
  • NZ
  • CA

Note: EU and UK are currently disabled due to PSD2 and open banking regulations. For more details refer to Why is my bank in EU or UK not showing as an option when using Expense Credit Card or Yodlee option?

If you would like to enable Yodlee, please open a SAP Concur Support ticket, and the assigned support engineer will walk you through the process.

Fields imported are limited to: 

• Date Posted (shows in field 'transaction date' when transaction moved to expense report)
  • Imported Vendor Information
  • Transaction Amount (imported in the billing currency of the card)

See also What troubleshooting steps can be taken when personal card transactions (Yodlee) are not imported or...

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rmconners I see you are on our Professional configuration, so this would require you submitting a help ticket to our Card Services team to get Yodlee enabled for the users. Keep in mind that Yodlee is activated at the group level and not at the individual level. Also, Yodlee in our Professional configuration once turned on for that group, cannot be turned off. This just means the option for a user to add a card through Yodlee will always be there.

What you could do to ensure they are not paid as personal card charges/out of pocket expenses, is set up an audit rule specific to the three users that would not all them to submit an expense if it doesn't have the correct payment type. However, if these users will occasionally have out of pocket expenses, you would need to set the system up in a way where these users would have something like an extra field to select the Report Type when they first create a report. Doing this would allow you to create an audit rule that if they choose Report Type - Company Card (just an example) and entry payment type Equal to Out of Pocket/Cash, they would get a red hard stop exception. You could then create a rule for Report Type = Out of Pocket and Entry Payment Type Not Equal to out of pocket/Cash, they would get a hard stop exception.

Lastly, if you do end up going with Yodlee for these cards, it is important to keep in mind that if any of these users will have Expense Delegates to create and submit their reports for them, delegates cannot see card transactions imported from Yodlee until they are added to an expense report.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions. It is much easier to explain this in person, but I since I can't, hopefully what I wrote makes sense.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
rmconners

Hi,

Unfortunately we can’t use Yodlee as a solution.  I found someone asking the same question in the SAP community a few years back and you responded.    

Linking an Individual Corporate Card via Yodlee - SAP Concur Community

To our company, the Australia card program is a corporate card program.   Their cards are auto-paid monthly so employees who use them are not eligible for cash reimbursement.    I learned today that I may be able to create a payment type for corporate cards and have users manually enter details from their transactions.    Once this is in place, I'll work with the extracts support team to ensure there's enough info for these transaction to move over to their credit card extract.   

This could be a temporary workaround until they get a corporate card program in with a feed to Concur in place.

Appreciate your help! 

Robin  

You’ve been tremendously helpful and when we’re ready I hope to work with you again.  

Have a great weekend!

Robin