cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have a Pending Card Transaction item? If so, please read.

I'm seeing a lot of posts about Pending Card Transaction items. 

Please read: Everything you need to know about Pending Card Transaction items

If you still have questions, then please post your question here in the Expense Forum. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
18 REPLIES 18
KKing
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hey Kevin.. I read the above info. For the one regarding they submitted as OOP and were paid, you tell them to submit as Personal (do not reimburse). Shouldn't they also be told to pay the credit card? If they were paid, and then this is checked, the company will also not pay... so how will the credit card be paid? (we run into this ALL the time as well)

Seeing as these cause SO much confusion, why do they not just get rid of them? They seem to cause far more harm then good in my experience!

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

I'm not sure what they could be replaced with if Concur got rid of them or what a better solution would look like.  We encourage our corporate cardholders to capture expenses immediately through ExpenseIt so the Pending Card Transaction status makes perfect sense in that situation and Concur will generally 'do the rest for them' i.e. match to the card charge when it comes through.

If we were to default to OOP instead of Pending Card Transaction then it would definitely cause us more issues.  As Kevin's FAQ explains, the block on submitting with Pending Card Transaction forces the user to take action on any unmatched items.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KKing great question. The answer is...depends. There are two ways companies handle paying card transactions:

1. Company receives the entire statement for all cards and pays it without users having to submit reports. This alleviates possible late fees from employees not submitting on time. In this case, the employee would send their company a payment for corporate card charge they marked as personal. 

2. Company doesn't receive the card statements and users must submit reports to "tell" the company how much needs to be sent to the card issuer to pay off their statement. In these cases, any company card charge marked as personal need, the user must submit payment directly to the card issuer. 

So, the set up of your company card determines whether the employee pays the company or the card issuer. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KW

Many of our people get in a hurry and submit an e-receipt as an out of pocket without realizing it not an actual charge. Concur reimburses them, and it never fails, when the charge comes in, they think they've been charged twice. We simply have them put the actual charge on the report, mark it as personal, and pay the bank themselves (since we've already paid them personally for the expense.) This saves us the time of getting their personal banking information for an ACH reimbursement. 

Kathy Wenrich
ruggierow

We do the same

wfodonne
Occasional Member - Level 1

I booked a corporate trip and planned to take my wife. I had our company travel group book the trip and paid for her plane ticket with my personal card. My July expense report shows her ticket as "Transaction Pending", with no card info. Is this something I need to correct? My personal card  statement shows her ticket on it.  I thought if i added my personal card to my profile and somehow connected it to her ticket it would clear it up, but it won't let me add the card. 

KW

This is probably just an e-receipt, but even if not, you can put her ticket expense on your report and mark it as a personal expense, or if an actual charge, you can itemize out your personal portion, marking it as personal. Be sure to attach something showing you paid it out of pocket so company auditors will clearly understand.

Kathy Wenrich
ianlarsen

Hello,

I believe I deleted a transaction in error and now I do not have it to pair with the corresponding expense. Is there a way to manually import the CC transactions? 

Ian

josero

How much time do we have to wait? I have already received the first notification of late report (after 30 days without submitting).

Also, I see in my report that all the required entries are there but there's no match between them... I truly believe someone will have to have a look to it. It is not going to get solved by itself (because all the info is right there in the report already!).

Any idea?

Thanks

José

doreen
New Member - Level 2

Hi - I read the info above, thank you.

I had already created an expense report on desktop when I used the "expenseit" feature on the app for the first time.  When I moved the receipts to the report, I then had a pending card warning on those two expenses (even though they were showing corporate card as payment type before moving the receipts).

I don't know how to get it back to showing corporate card as the payment type.

Please advise!

cowgoesmoo

I don't see my situation showing up here (or working).  I used my corporate card to make a hotel reservation but I wasn't thinking when I checked in and used my personal credit card.  So now it shows up as a pending charge.  If I change "corporate card" to "personal card", an Exception is triggered and it won't let me submit the report.  I also tried changing it to "Cash" and deleting the entry and reloading it but I get the same thing:  An exception and it won't let me submit - but neither will it let me fix it.

annabk

Hi Kevin. I have Uber charges that have been "pending card transactions" for over 2 weeks. There are no matching transactions in an existing submitted report. They just appear to be stuck. 

ccizek
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin, could you send me a message? I'm having a lot of trouble with pending card transactions, and no "match" or "combine" buttons even when they're identical (e-receipt on both is the same). thank you!

DeanR

@ccizek 

Expense items have to be different types in order for you to combine them e.g. you can combine an e-receipt with a card transaction but you can't combine two e-receipts.  If you do have two identical e-receipts then one should be deleted as it is a duplicate.

ccizek

That makes sense. But all my duplicates are the same type of transaction or pending card transactions that never go away

DeanR

Do the card transactions that the 'Pending Card Transaction' items relate to come through to your Concur?  If so, you'll be able to match/combine them.  If the card transactions have already been matched to an e-receipt, then any remaining 'Pending Card Transaction' item for those card transactions would be a duplicate and can be deleted.

Do you know how you're ending up with so many duplicate items?  Are you adding expenses to Concur manually where there is already an e-receipt sent by the vendor?  Are you submitting card transactions without matching them to a receipt? 

klw102070

I have a $9.00 CWT charge on my Concur account.  How can I get this taken care of?  Who do I reach out to get this invoice?

DaleG
New Member - Level 1

Hello Kevin,

On 9/21/22, I received a charge for - $957.15. 

On 9/27/22, I received a credit from the company for + $957.15. My balance is now $0

I'm unable to submit the report because of the following message: "This report has a net credit amount of Credit Card transactions, please hold the credit(s) until you have credit card charges to offset."

I'm unable to convince Concur that I have the offsetting amount. Any suggestions?

Thank you.