cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcnamarp
New Member - Level 1

Credits on Corporate Card

Hi folks, I have credits on my corporate card due to refunds received on personal expenses. The expense system will not allow credits to be marked as personal expense. Any advice on how to remove these entries from my account? TIA

6 REPLIES 6
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @mcnamarp 

I am not fully sure that I undestood correctly (as you mention the word "personal expense") so I try to explain 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1

You had submitted in the past a legitimate business transacitons (e.g. Airfare) which it got cancelled and the supplier send back the credit after you submitted already the previous expense report. Now you have a negative transaction (which doesn't require receipts) and don't know how to submit it. 

You can submit the negative credit transaction, using the same expense type as you used on the previous expense, up until the credit card amount of your total expense report is higher than this. 

Scenario 2

You submit previously an expense item and marked as personal so you have already payed back your company for that amount. Now that expense that wasn't reimbursable, actually got reimbursed back to your Credit card account. How do you get back the refund for your previous expense you disbursed to the company?

As for scenario 1, you would still need that on your expense report the total amount on the credit card is higher than the negative amount, plus, in order to be reimbursed back directly via concur, you can add an extra line on your expense report as cash, using the same expense type, date, of your previous expense report line marked as personal. You probably will need to put some comments for your manager/auditors to explain this, e.g. "Transactions paid on previous expense report, which was reimbursed back to the company (see negative credit card  amount)". and add as receipt for this cash transaction the details of previous expense report line marked as personal.  IN CASE, YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR CAN HELP YOU DIRECTLY WHILE PROXYING YOUR PROFILE IN CONCUR.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

Thank you Alessandro for your quick response. Scenario 1 is close to my predicament except I am unable to submit using the same expense type. My scenario is as follows:

Rental car company (non-business related transaction) overcharges me for car rental e.g. €500.

I pay using corporate credit card. 

Upon realising their mistake they refund the overcharged amount e.g. €100.

Now I have two line items in my credit card statement, €500 and €-100. Neither are reimbersable by my company.

I create an expense report and classfy as personal, requesting €0 from the company.

Report has exception error "credits on corporate card are not allowed to be marked as personal" so I remove €-100 and submit report.

I now have a negative item €-100 in my concur account and am unsure how to submit to clear it. 

Thanks for any advice you can provide. 

Paul

@mcnamarp OK, now I completely understand the situation. It is normal that it won't accept "Personal Charges" on negavite amounts.

My suggestions based on expense type in concur to include:

Car Rental  500 USD  (Credit card transaction selected and Personal Expense, do not reimburse box ticked);

Car Rental -100 USD  (Credit card transaction selected normal entry, no personal expense box ticked);

Car Rental 100 USD (Entered manually as cash as at the end you need to reimburse 400 USD to the Company and this would take 500 USD - 100 as credit solving your issue).

However you would still need another 400 USD on the corporate credit card of business related expenses in order to clear it all. 

How does it sounds now? 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

Hello,

I have a similar situation. As administrator of the program, I have cardholders contacting me because they have a credit balance and can not process the report.  Is there a way of getting around this issue?  We received tons of credits from sporting events that were cancelled in 2020 for relatively large amounts.  It would take months to have enough charges to match or exceed the credits.  We would rather process the credit balances so it gets into our ERP system in the period the credit was received.

Thanks!

JTH

dear @jtharris 

to clear it all there would be a lot of manual work for you as an administrator and for AP / Finance department.

I trust that during the coming months travel will start to pick up, and definitely from September I hope the situation would clear to build also enough balance on your company credit card.

The solution if you were now on year end, would be to ask the return of cash from the credit card company, which they would eventually do, have your AR and AP to allocated all transactions to all Vendors (employees) than have all your employees submitting all the expenses to clear them off. A road i wouldn't try to approach.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mcnamarp so I'm clear, you have credit card transactions that have uploaded into your Concur profile that have negative amounts, correct? 

Where are the original credit card charges for when your card was charged? Have you submitted those already on a different report? If not, then you would just add both the original charge and the credit to the same report to cancel each other out. 

However, without seeing your expenses and due to the fact that you posted here in the Community, I'm guessing the orginal charges have previously been submitted and you are now left with the negative amounts. 

My suggestion is to reach out to the person or department at your company that is in charge of company credit cards and explain that you have negative charges but that the system won't let you mark them as personal. They will be able to hide the transactions for you so they no longer appear in your available expenses. 

That should do it. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.