cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erinpratt
Occasional Member - Level 1

Connecting Chase Business Cards for Employees

I'm desperate for some help because our implementation team does not seem to have a solution for us. We would like to integrate our Chase business cards so employees can note what the charges on their corporate cards were for for our accounting team, but Concur is telling me we need to have a CONTACT at Chase to initiate an auto-feed from Chase to Concur. We do not have a rep at Chase...we are just cardholders, we do not bank with them, so the only point of contact we have at Chase is the general support number on the back of the card. Those reps do not give out their personal contact information, which is what Concur says they need. 

We have been in a standstill for weeks because the only work-around Concur can come up with is for us to link the cards as personal cards for each of our employees. This solution will not work because it gives employees the option to mark the charges at OUT OF POCKET, which we cannot have. This could potentially allow employees to get reimbursed for charges they never incurred in the first place. 

Does anyone know of another solution? Or someone at Concur that can actually give us some alternative solutions?

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@erinpratt so I'm understanding what you are looking for:

1. You want an easy way for employees to see what has been charged to the Business Card and having those come into SAP Concur would be ideal.

2. You don't want the payment type for the business card transactions to say Cash or Out of Pocket. 

One thing to note is you can change the default payment type name of Cash to anything you want it to be. 

Will you have employees that do need to create and submit out of pocket expenses?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
erinpratt

Yes, I want employees to be able to submit an expense report for charges to their business cards so our accounting team can receive the details of the expenses in the same way they would for out of pocket expenses (i.e. what client the charge is being billed to, what the charge was for, etc.). I do NOT want employees to have the option to be reimbursed for these charges, since they never paid for them with their own money in the first place. And yes, some employees will have out of pocket expenses - we have our account properly setup for this already.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@erinpratt there is an option to make the default payment type for expenses Company Paid. This could help you in what you need. Then educate users that for those instances where the expense is actually out of pocket, they will need to change the payment type to Cash. 

Company Paid expenses should not show as owed to the employee. I would double-check with your SAP Concur Implementation coach as to whether they think this could work or not. It's a suggestion, but they can confirm whether it would be a viable workaround.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
herbc0704

Hi Erin, 

I have the same issue.  Has anything been resolved?  I see that Chase uses Concur for employee expenses, you would think they would be able to provide their credit card customers with a feed into Concur.  We have another credit company that provides a feed daily with no problem.