cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScrivnerBob
Occasional Member - Level 2

Concur Mobile App

Is there a way in the Concur Mobile App once a user is signed into it to set up a Mobile PIN or can this only be accomplished on the desktop site?

I am going to be training a new group of over the road truck drivers, and they will not have desktop access. I would prefer to set them all up with profiles and then have them select a PIN once they are signed in on their mobile phone.

Thank you in advance,
Bob

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is not an option to create a PIN on the mobile app, it has to be done on the desktop. I would suggest that once your users log in to SAP Concur Mobile, to turn on the option to Auto-Sign in, that way they do not have to enter a username and passord or even a PIN, it will just launch the app and log them in. All the PIN really does is slighly shortens the time to log in to the app. If they aren't using the auto-sign in, they still have to enter their username, but a PIN can be used instead of their password. The PIN can be 4 digits, where their password will most likely be a little longer. So, there really isn't that much of an advantage to using a PIN, as far as I can see it. I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Have you tried having them login on the Concur app using their normal username and login? We haven't seen many issues with the app so it's been a while since I walked someone through but IIRC the password works without the PIN like an either/or situation. 

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
ScrivnerBob
Occasional Member - Level 2

We are planning to log them in via their username and password - but I was hoping to simplify these hourly truck drivers with a mobile PIN as some of them are resistant to even adopting the use of Concur. 

Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @ScrivnerBob,

I've had Concur support set up a mobile PIN for a user before, and then they provided the PIN to me and the user was able to login no problem. If you wanted to, you might be able to simply contact Concur support and ask them to set up PINs for all your drivers, and then give those PINs to them when you're setting them up. I did this through the Live Chat feature, but if you had numerous users to set up, you could just open a ticket.

I'm not sure for how long PINs are good, but I imagine if you were to set them up the day before you sent them out, they should work fine.

Josh
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is not an option to create a PIN on the mobile app, it has to be done on the desktop. I would suggest that once your users log in to SAP Concur Mobile, to turn on the option to Auto-Sign in, that way they do not have to enter a username and passord or even a PIN, it will just launch the app and log them in. All the PIN really does is slighly shortens the time to log in to the app. If they aren't using the auto-sign in, they still have to enter their username, but a PIN can be used instead of their password. The PIN can be 4 digits, where their password will most likely be a little longer. So, there really isn't that much of an advantage to using a PIN, as far as I can see it. I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.