cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csxdog
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur Mobile - Android User - Cannot fill in picker field (Vendor)

Hello,

My Concur admins have set a field (Vendor) to be required on expense types.  In Android, I cannot see any vendors ever populate the picker field. I believe this is a list type field in Concur. When I try to search, the list acts like it's loading, and there is a delay typing each character in, as if it's actually searching, but NEVER returns any results in the list, leaving me with nothing to pick for the field.  There should be a manual fallback for picker or list fields within Concur if nothing is returned in the search.  This doesn't seem to affect IOS devices however, they seem to be able to type what they want.  I've tried contacting my IT team and tried reinstalling.  Is this user error on my part? How do I type what I want here?  Thanks!  

Here's what I see https://imgur.com/a/86AAtu6

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@csxdog Thanks for reaching out!  I'm sorry for the issues happening with the mobile app.  May I ask what expense type you are using that the Vendor is not populating?   Also, do you have a work email that you can provide?  That will help me to look up your settings for the expense type you are using.  If you prefer you can send me a private message.  To send me a private message, click my username (MelanieT), then click Message.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
csxdog

Thanks for the reply @MelanieT! My expenses team has filed a ticket -  21903319.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@csxdog what is the screen you see before the one you posted a screenshot of above? Can you post that here as well, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
csxdog

Hi @KevinD, the previous screen just shows the expense entry fields.  The screenshot is what I see when I click on the (in my case, Vendor) required field, and enter MTA into the search field. I have a feeling this is due to my teams' (or Concur's) configuration of this field (it should not be a picker field).. I just don't know why IOS users are not having this issue. Seems to be a way for them to override a list type field when nothing is returned from the picker.  The expense type doesn't matter.. If an expense has this particular field (Vendor), I must use the website to file that expense type. My team sent me a screenshot of this field (VEN_LI_KEY)- Data type is an INTEGER with no list source.. That probably explains the ticket they filed with Concur.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@csxdog in looking at your site and seeing that the Vendor field is a drop-down list, I'm confused as to why it was set up this way. For example, I looked at your current report and you have a meal expense from Wendy's. However, your company doesn't have a list of restaurant vendors for you to choose from. The is the purpose of a pick list. It only works if that field is associated to a list of vendors. There is also a Vendor Description field that can be used. This fields is set up as Text, so I believe this should be the field used for all expenses that are not Air, Car Rental or Hotel. That way you can simply type in the vendor name.

As for the iOS users, I just tested it out and although the field is a pick list, I typed in a fake vendor and was able to save that vendor. That's likely how they are getting around it. Maybe try typing in the full vendor name in the search field and see if it will allow you to save.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
dla001

Hello @KevinD we have a similar issue on the Android app, you said:

As for the iOS users, I just tested it out and although the field is a pick list, I typed in a fake vendor and was able to save that vendor. That's likely how they are getting around it. Maybe try typing in the full vendor name in the search field and see if it will allow you to save.

That indeed works well on the iOS version but when you try the exact same thing on Android, the free typing doesn't get saved and the field remain empty.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dla001 if this is happening for all your android users, I would suggest submitting a case to Concur Support so they can look into it and keep you updated on the progress.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey