cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adelcampo
Occasional Member - Level 2

Cognos report to know how many times an expense report has been rejected

Hello,

Is it possible to create a Cognos report to know how many times an expense report has been rejected by the Processor before the final approval for payment? Is there any standard one?

Thank you

Alejandro

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@adelcampo At first glance of your question, I thought the answer was No. However, since I'm a curious person, I went into Cognos and guess what. I was able to get it to work. This is what I did. 

I built a report with the following data items:

1. Approval Status

2. Employee

3. Report Name

4. Step Action Date and Time

I then grouped the report by Approval Status, Employee and Report Name. Once I did that, I clicked on the Step Action Date/Time column title, when to the Menu and clicked Edit Data. From there I click Summarize. From the Summarize options that appear below the report, I selected Count from the dropdown. 

I did this using Query Studio. I'm working off of the assumption that you have used Cognos before. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @adelcampo 

it would be an interesting options, but I am not aware there is this possibility apart to go individually to the report and check the report's Audit Trial.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@adelcampo At first glance of your question, I thought the answer was No. However, since I'm a curious person, I went into Cognos and guess what. I was able to get it to work. This is what I did. 

I built a report with the following data items:

1. Approval Status

2. Employee

3. Report Name

4. Step Action Date and Time

I then grouped the report by Approval Status, Employee and Report Name. Once I did that, I clicked on the Step Action Date/Time column title, when to the Menu and clicked Edit Data. From there I click Summarize. From the Summarize options that appear below the report, I selected Count from the dropdown. 

I did this using Query Studio. I'm working off of the assumption that you have used Cognos before. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
adelcampo
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin,

It worked! Your help was really valuable.

I've also used column "Status Upon Step Completion" to filter results.

Thank you very much!

Alejandro

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@adelcampo great to hear. Glad I could help. I wasn't sure it would work at first, but then I said, why not give it a try. 🙂 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Thanks, what a great idea!

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator