cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkon
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cognos 11 Upgrade issues

Since this update we are unable to create or edit any reports as our company only allows use of Chrome and Edge browsers which means that we cannot access either Query Studio or Workspace. I do not understand the logic of having an application where the reporting tools only work on Firefox, this means that a huge part of the functionality of Concur Expense is now redundant. We can now only use reports already set up. When will this be addressed and rectified as it will impact on whether we continue to use Concur as our expenses application? 

This is a backward step, not an upgrade!

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lkon hello there. I'm not sure this explanation will bring any relief to your frustration, but it might help to understand this issue. 

The Cognos reporting tool is actually built and developed by IBM. For as long as I've worked at SAP Concur (almost 14 years) Cognos was not compatible with any browser but I.E. Recent updates to Firefox have now made it compatible. We have gone round and round with IBM about this issue to no avail. And now, because Query Studio is considered a legacy product at IBM, they are not putting any developers on it to make it compatible with other browsers. I, myself, don't understand this logic, but that is the reality. 

I wish I had a better answer, but the issue is not from SAP Concur's end since IBM developed Cognos. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
lkon
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks Kevin, I understood it was an IBM legacy issue but really don't get why it is an acceptable reporting tool for SAP Concur to use when it limits accessibility but I am sure there are reasons beyond my understanding!

I previously used Workspace instead of Query Studio as I found that better anyway but I gather this is not supported and is not available at all? I certainly can't see either Query Studio or Workspace in the options when I click the + New and then + Other Buttons I can only see 'Drill Down Definitions"? I raised this with support but they just said I had to change browser to Firefox....