cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsoh
Occasional Member - Level 2

Cash advances In Expense Report

Hi, Team.

I'm always thank you for your kind support.

Our expense report was created with the cash advance that was approved and paid, but the report could not be submitted because it could not be assigned to the cash advance return account.

hsoh_0-1701736871888.png

hsoh_1-1701736893118.png

Please tell me how to create a return account and how to use it in reports

Thanks & Regards

Hansong, Oh

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@hsoh I have attached the Cash Advance Guide for you, and that has a lot of info for you.  I will also PM you with some more info. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello!  I hope you are having a wonderful week 🙂  Here are ways to complete the Cash Advance Return:

There are basically 3 options for handling remaining Cash Advance balances. Your organization will decide which option(s) is available to you.

• The first option: Allow user to carry a Cash Advance balance from one report to another allows the remaining balance to carry over several expense reports. For example; if you have a $500.00 cash advance and just used $300.00 of it on an expense report. You can still submit expenses against the remaining $200.00 on future reports, until you use the entire amount. For more information, check: How to activate the 'Allow user to carry a Cash Advance balance from one report to another' feature?
  • The second option is to submit a Cash Advance Return expense. If your company policy allows this option, the system will prompt you to complete the cash advance return when you submit the Expense Report. For more information, check: What is a Cash Advance Return?

MelanieT_0-1701782718562.png

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
hsoh
Occasional Member - Level 2

@MelanieT 

Dear. Melanie T 

Thank you for your kind reply 

Even if I import an active cash advance and add an expense type, the remaining amount does not change.

Do I need to add a new expense type to use the cash advance amount?

In order to submit a report, we must use all of the cash advance.

Please tell me how to use the cash advance.

hsoh_0-1702343338780.png

Thanks

Hansong, Oh

Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@hsoh I have attached the Cash Advance Guide for you, and that has a lot of info for you.  I will also PM you with some more info. 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen