cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sadingma
Occasional Member - Level 1

Card Expense Came in After Expense Report Created and Approved Using Manual Expense

Hello,

I created a manual expense using the Concur App. for a purchase that my company card was used on.

Submitted the expense report using the manual expense created in the app.

Expense report was approved and finished out.

Few days later the card transaction shows up as an available expense.

Concur won't allow me to delete this expense per "Your company does not allow card charges to be deleted. To remove card charges from Available Expenses, you can move them to a report and submit them as personal expenses."

Not sure how to go about getting rid of this expense as it's already been completed without creating a duplicate of it.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sadingma there is not a way to match it to an already approved report. Because you submitted it as a manual expense, that means you received the funds for the transaction, not the card company. You were not supposed to be reimbursed for the expense because it is a business expense, correct? So basically, you need to return the funds you received for this expense or send the funds for the expense to the card company. Marking it as personal ensures your company does not pay the expense again. They already paid you for it and you don't want them to now send a payment to the card company because that would be a second payment for the same expense. 

Does that make sense? I would recommend speaking with your manager or reach out to your company's finance team if you have any doubts. 

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sadingma in this scenario, add the card transaction to a report and use the Personal Expense (do not reimburse) checkbox. 

Thank you,
Kevin
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Sadingma

@KevinD where is this option? After I start a new expense report?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sadingma when the item is added to the report and you are filling out the fields, you should see a checkbox near the bottom of all the fields. 

Thank you,
Kevin
Sadingma

@KevinD Yes I see it now, but I'm getting the following errors>.errors in concur.JPG

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sadingma sounds like you need to select the Expense Type of Incidentals (Non-Reimburseable). 

Thank you,
Kevin
Sadingma

@KevinD  that got me to the next step. Before final submission,  reviewing this, will this charge myself or the site a 2nd time even though the charge has already been completed in the 1st expense report sent off?

errors in concur.JPG

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sadingma this will charge you. Total Owed By Employee is what you now owe. I'm not sure if you pay your company or pay the card provider. Your manager should be able to help answer that question.

Thank you,
Kevin
Sadingma

@KevinD okay, then this does not sound like the avenue I need to take. This was a company paid expense I just already completed the expense report and had it approved before the P-card transaction dropped in Concur. I created a manual expense with the receipt and submitted it that way then this dropped in even though it's just a duplicate transaction. I was hoping there was a way to match it to the expense report that has already been approved or just delete it as it's a duplicate expense.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sadingma there is not a way to match it to an already approved report. Because you submitted it as a manual expense, that means you received the funds for the transaction, not the card company. You were not supposed to be reimbursed for the expense because it is a business expense, correct? So basically, you need to return the funds you received for this expense or send the funds for the expense to the card company. Marking it as personal ensures your company does not pay the expense again. They already paid you for it and you don't want them to now send a payment to the card company because that would be a second payment for the same expense. 

Does that make sense? I would recommend speaking with your manager or reach out to your company's finance team if you have any doubts. 

Thank you,
Kevin
Sadingma

@KevinD ah I see what you're saying. After reviewing the report I see that it did state due to the employee for that amount. I didn't receive the money yet as I'm assuming it will show up in my next paycheck. So I will move forward with the steps you provided to me. Thank you so much for walking me through this process. Moving forward I will wait for the company card transaction to drop in automatically instead of doing the manual expense.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sadingma happy to help.

Thank you,
Kevin