cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spencer1980
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cant seem to move my expenses to a claim

I've just returned from a work visit and am trying to create an expense which is a combination of AMEX auto populated items and things using my personal debit card. The personal card items are populating fine on the expenses tab but every time i try to add an item that was pre-populated from AMEX it fails and just stays put.

Does anyone know of any workarounds or issues with Concur that could be causing this?

Thank you,

Scott

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Spencer1980 likely your company doesn't allow deleting of corporate card transactions. Create a new expense report or add these transactions to your next report. When they are added to a report and you click one entry to view all the details, look for a checkbox labeled: Personal Expense (do not reimburse). Use this checkbox for these card transactions. Use the comment field for each to explain you submitted these as out of pocket on a previous report. 

You should have or will receive the funds for these expenses because you submitted them via the manual method. Use these funds to send a payment to the card company to pay these expenses to make sure your statement is up to date. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Spencer1980 I'm looking in your profile and I don't see any AMEX items. 

This could be due to the outage we are experiencing. 

When the outage is resolved, try the AMEX items again. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Spencer1980

Thanks very much for the reply and checking @KevinD, these are the items in my expenses list that wont seem to move across to the claim.

Spencer1980_1-1655190155541.png

@Spencer1980 is the issue still happening or did you get them moved to you report?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Spencer1980

It was still happening, the route i've now taken is to create manual expenses for each of those items. I'll have to try and put these as 'personal expenses' longer term to remove them from my expense list.

Kevlar47

Same issue, when is this going to be resolved? Can neither move, nor create amex entries into an expense report. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kevlar47 I see what you are experiencing. I want you to try the following. Log in to SAP Concur. Click Expense at the top of the screen. Next, click View Transactions. You should see the following. Select the little checkbox to the left, to select the transaction. To the right you will see a button that says, Add Selected. See if this will then add this item to your current open report. Let me know how it goes.

KevinD_0-1655413365684.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Kevlar47

Thanks I tried this and no joy.... Equally I had success moving 3 other CC transactions into an expense yesterday (at last), only to find the same 3 CC transactions have re-appeared as "available expenses"....

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kevlar47 Okay, I can see those three expenses. Did you try adding them to the Travel w/c 13 June report? I'm thinking so, since that is the only other report that is active. 

Let me preface what I'm about to say with, I have no idea if this will work or not, but it cannot hurt to try. 

First thing, log in to SAP Concur then click Expense at the top of the screen. This takes you to the Manage Expenses screen. Look for the link I have highlighted in the screenshot below. Click that link to turn off Expense Assistant. You might not have even known you had this on. Once turned off, try adding those three expenses to the current open report. You may even try deleting the report and creating a new one after you turn off the Expense Assistant feature.

Give it a try and let me know what happens. Good luck. 

KevinD_0-1655487852678.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Kevlar47

Hi thanks for the tips. Tried all of the above no joy I'm afraid. Currently the new expense is not listed, nor can be moved to exp w/c 13 Jun. Neither can I move the 3 expense lines that are duplicated from a previous claim (albeit this is academic now as they are submitted)...

Rgds

K

Spencer1980

So the plot thickens, my expense report that i submitted yesterday (with the manual AMEX entries) got rejected (see below) not sure if this is the cause or a separate issue.

Spencer1980_0-1655278031957.png

@Spencer1980 I'm looking in your profile and I see an expense claim that has the AMEX charges you provided in your screenshot added to a report. The report name is NEC. Can you confirm that you see this report with the four expenses in question, please? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Spencer1980

Thanks @KevinD  these do seem to have moved across to a claim now, i guess the issue must be resolved. However, in the meantime i have submitted and been paid via the manual method so i guess i need to somehow delete these.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Spencer1980 likely your company doesn't allow deleting of corporate card transactions. Create a new expense report or add these transactions to your next report. When they are added to a report and you click one entry to view all the details, look for a checkbox labeled: Personal Expense (do not reimburse). Use this checkbox for these card transactions. Use the comment field for each to explain you submitted these as out of pocket on a previous report. 

You should have or will receive the funds for these expenses because you submitted them via the manual method. Use these funds to send a payment to the card company to pay these expenses to make sure your statement is up to date. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey