cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TinaO
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cannot submit report with negative and positive expenses

Hello,

I created a report that had positive and negative expenses. I tried to submit it, combine the credit with the expense from the same vendor, but it always failed. The system does not allow me to submit it and it  says “It's technically not possible to submit an Expense Report that contains negative and positive amounts”. Any suggestions on how I could resolve this? I feel if I remove the negative expense value than I would be compensated for more than I paid for..  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@TinaO Thanks for sending me a private message.  Once you send me a screenshot, I can look further into this for you!  Please send that via the private message. 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TinaO from reading the rule your company has set up, it looks like you cannot have a negative amount company card charge on the same report as out of pocket expenses. So, what I would recommend is you select all of the line items that have the payment type Out of Pocket and then use the Move to button to move to a new report. See screenshot. Give that a try and see if the red alert goes away. The screenshot does not show all out of pocket items selected. I just wanted to show you the Move to/New Report option. Be sure to select all Out of pocket items on your report. 

The message for the alert didn't quite explain how the rule works, fully. Let me know if this works. 

KevinD_0-1719271933668.png

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.