Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EU_Traveller
Occasional Member - Level 2

Cannot chose credit card as payment method

Hi,

I want to claim the cost for the hotel and I got an error message

"Itinerary cannot be submitted as cash expense. Please make sure e-receipt or trip has credit card associated to it"

However, the drop down menu under payment method only allows me to chose "cash". 

I have pefined a credit card in my personal profile.

Any suggestions or ideas what can be wrong here?

Thank you!

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @EU_Traveller .  Thank you for reaching out here!   I was able to look up your profile, I do see that you have a CC there indeed.  The issue is that it is not a Corporate Card so you add these charges as Cash Expenses.  Your site has an audit rule that you cannot expense Itineraries as Cash Expenses, so in order to work around this, delete the line items that have an itinerary. Next, go back into the report and click Add Expense.  Create your Hotel and Airfare as a manual expense and do not link the itinerary.  You should be able to submit the report with no issues after that!  If you have any further questions, just let us know!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @EU_Traveller ,

If you have a company card and it was used to pay for the hotel, you will typically get a card transaction loaded in about a week that should be matched to the itinerary/ e-receipt. You cannot choose card as a payment type manually.

If you used your personal card for payment, you have to ask your internal support team/Concur admin for guidance on how to claim the expense. Hope this helps.

Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @EU_Traveller .  Thank you for reaching out here!   I was able to look up your profile, I do see that you have a CC there indeed.  The issue is that it is not a Corporate Card so you add these charges as Cash Expenses.  Your site has an audit rule that you cannot expense Itineraries as Cash Expenses, so in order to work around this, delete the line items that have an itinerary. Next, go back into the report and click Add Expense.  Create your Hotel and Airfare as a manual expense and do not link the itinerary.  You should be able to submit the report with no issues after that!  If you have any further questions, just let us know!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
EU_Traveller

Sorry, I still got a problem: My flight has been booked via Concur and is paid by the company. Also this one is shown as cash expense and I cannot proceed. Do I need to add it to the my expenses or should just leave it out?

@EU_Traveller I would leave it out.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
EU_Traveller

Thank you MelanieT, this worked out!