cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnelso13
Occasional Member - Level 1

Cannot change expense type in Process Reporting

I am a processor and while reviewing expense report before the final approval, there is no drop down for the expense type. 

There are only certain expense types that seem to trigger this. Has anyone else experienced this? 

TIA

9 REPLIES 9
Sydnesue
Occasional Member - Level 3

Ours is set to allow the processor to change the Expense Type, Date, Business Purpose, Vendor, and add comments - basically everything except the dollar amount is editable by the Processor.  Suggest submitting a ticket to Support with the expense types affected so they can check the form settings.

tnelso13

Thank you for the suggestion, we just started using Concur! 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tnelso13 If I had to guess, you were possibly trying to change an expense type that was Hotel or Car Mileage. These are two expense types that cannot be changed by anyone except for the person who submitted the report. This is by system design. If the the expense type wasn't Hotel or Car Mileage, can you tell me what the expense type was, please? It is possible as well to prevent anyone except the submitter from changing a report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tnelso13

We have a meals and entertainment expense type. That is broken down into four different categories, depending on the phase of the job the employee has traveled to or it can also be labeled non job related.  There is only one category for this expense type that I cannot change.

The employees are able to selected it when completing their expense report but if they choose the specific expense type in Processing reports it cannot be changed nor is it available as an option in the expense type drop down. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tnelso13 yes, the system is preventing anyone from changing the expense type. What you'll need to do is send the report back to the submitter and tell them which expense type to choose to make it correct. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tnelso13

We need to get the expense type added to the processing report, I have submitted a ticket to try to get this issue resolved

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tnelso13 I'm pretty sure that the response you will get is to send the report back to the employee and have them choose the correct expense type. When you send it back, you just put in the comments which expense type to be selected. 

Out of curiosity, can you send me a private message with the name of the expense report  and the expense type needed, please? I'd like to check something. To send me a private message, click on my username, select View profile. You'll see an option to send message. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
AlisaSokk

Hi, 

In case this ever helps anyone, the reason you can't change the expense type is probably because the meal expense is a parent to itemization and has an itemization (either alcohol or tip) reported in it.

Please see below:

There are cases in which you can’t change the Expense Type:

If it is one of the following categories:

1. Mileage
  2. Cash Advance
  3. Cash Advance Return
  4. Currency Gain/Loss
  5. Travel Allowance Expenses
  6. Hotel

If the expense entry is a parent to itemizations.

AlisaSokk

Hi Kevin,

Jumping in since I have the same issue.

I have an expense type called Business Meals (Attendees) that can't be changed in some expense claims and can be changed in others.

Could you advise why?

Also, in case I want to change an expense type from something to a Hotel, the system also wont let me?

Thanks in advance!

Alisa