cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbetti
Routine Member - Level 1

Can you create Audit Rules individually by expense type?

Hi.  I'm new to the admin role for my company, as the previous admin left a few months ago.  It had always been explained to me that setting receipt and comment requirements is a big process where you list multiple expense types, and it looks very intricate and to be honest, quite confusing.  

Is it possible to simply create a rule per each individual expense type?

ex: current receipt rule: add all expense types and their receipt requirements in one rule

vs: proposed receipt/comment rule for single expense type:  receipt required Y or N, comment required Y or N

If yes... what happens if you have multiple conflicting rules and/or can you delete the previous rule?

For what it's worth, I'm scheduled for the Admin Config training in 2 weeks, but I wanted to see if I could get an answer on this sooner.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dbetti Hello!  It is possible to do what you are asking, but it is not best practice.  It would be a lot to maintain, and also creates a lot of rules that might not be necessary.  The Receipt Handling Rules are fairly easy to create along with the Audit Rules for receipts.  I have attached the Audit Rule guide and also linked the guide for setting up Receipt Handling rules.  You can also create a Support case and we can definitely help you with this before your training!

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dbetti
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @MelanieT .  Thanks for your reply.  

The link to the receipt handling rules doesn't work.  Can you please reshare?

Why do you say it's harder to maintain?  I would think 1 rule per expense type would be easier to maintain.  I'd think that having multiple expense types and variables in each rule would make it more confusing.  If you only want to change 1 expense type rule, isn't it possible you'd affect others as well? I must be missing something because I cannot see how it's easier than a 1:1 audit rule.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dbetti so, are you looking to have different amount limits per expense type that would require a receipt? I wasn't clear from your posts on this. If so, why would you need different amounts that require receipts for individual expense types? To me, that is more work that setting up what most companies do and that is a receipt requirement amount by payment type (Cash/Out of Pocket and Company Card). The IRS requirement for receipt is any out of pocket expense $25 or more and any company card expense that is $75 or more. That keeps it simple and easy to maintain. 

Could you provide some explanation of what your business requirement is for the varying receipt requirements so we can better understand and assist you, please? 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dbetti I am sorry about that!  I have attached the document for you. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
dbetti
Routine Member - Level 1

Thanks, @MelanieT.