cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aftonr
Occasional Member - Level 1

Bring Back Drag & Drop Receipts & Split Window For Available Receipts

I created an community account just so I could comment on the new interface, I absolutely hate it. It takes me 3 times longer to fill out my expense report now that you have removed two very usable features. The split windows for available receipts while viewing your expense, as well as the drag and drop feature were both a huge time saver. Since you have removed these features from the UI it takes me three times longer to complete my reports. 

Another cumbersome change is the allocate feature, You used to be able to just hit add, and it would create a new row and split the expense without having to fill in fields. Since the new UI change you now have a new window that pops up and you have to edit the field before a new entry/row is added. This definitely is a slower process, and requires more clicks than before... I use favorites, but when it's a new group it really slows the process. 

Hopefully you listen to the end user and change the interface to include some of the older more user friendly features....

16 REPLIES 16
shirleym

I agree completely.  I used to use my receipt for reference when adding attendees etc.  which was easy enough with the split screen.  I now view my receipt, write the attendees down, close the receipt and add the attendees.  Similarly for attaching receipts to expenses - I could view the receipt, look down my list of expenses and add to relevant expense.  Now I have to trawl through numerous receipts until I come to the right one to attach to the expense I happen to be in!! Very slow and cumbersome process.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aftonr and @shirleym drag and drop is currently being worked on to be brought back. As for the other suggestions, we have a NextGen UI feedback program you can join to make suggestions. This community isn't managed by the team that takes NextGen UI feedback, but here is a link posted by someone on our product team about providing feedback: https://community.concur.com/t5/Concur-Expense/Feedback-on-NextGen-Expense-UI/m-p/36795. I think you'll find this helpful. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Anthony
Occasional Member - Level 2

Kevin, when and how will we find out when this feature of drag & drop is available again.  My users are awfully upset this feature is not available in the new UI.  They said that it saved so much time.

Anthony 

kmisom13

Hi Kevin - I read that the Drag & Drop feature would return in Q4. Is that true? If so, is that still the plan? With Q4 coming to an end in a few weeks, it would be helpful to have an ETA if possible. Thank you!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kmisom13 I believe Drag and Drop from outside SAP Concur is now live. This means when you have an expense entry open and you see on the right hand side the Upload Receipt area, you can drag the image here to attach. 

As far as in-product drag and drop from an image library, I believe this is still in the works. I don't have any update on the timeframe. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
wendyhirsch

Thank you, Kevin, for the update.  Can you please confirm they are working on the "drag and drop from an image library" feature being returned?  While we can drag and drop the receipts now, we still have to open each transaction individually to do this, and that's a huge time waste!

dyhardfisher
New Member - Level 1

Agreed.  The new UI is terrible.  Bring back the split window and drag/drop.

Anthony

Bring back the Drag and Drop feature. Please!!

yvonkaderidder
New Member - Level 1

ABSOLUTELY PAINFUL! Please bring back the old split view version. It's taking SO much longer to complete expense reports. I'm crawling out of my skin at the moment. 

ValZEE

I agree with you, I almost cried when I realized I couldn't drag and drop all the receipts that my team email me.  What were they thinking?  I can only assume that whoever did away with this functionality does not use Concur in a real world environment, nor are they the delegate for multiple managers.  Incredible.  Spot on with it taking 3 times longer now that I have to save down every emailed receipt.  Can't use the split screen to itemize hotel bills either.  What a horrible "upgrade" - if it ain't broke don't fix it!

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @ValZEE 

Did you know that if your managers have verified their email address in Concur then they can email their receipts to receipts@concur.com instead of to you?

Or if the receipts are being emailed to you from other sources then you can email them to receipts@concur.com with the manager's email address in the Subject field?  (Note: requirements for this is that both you and the manager have verified your email addresses in Concur and you are set up as a delegate for them in Concur). 

ValZEE

Hi, yes, I am aware of that and did that at past postings.  However getting all these busy C-suites to do that is another story, I'm sure you understand lol!

mnguy

I too registered here to bash the new interface, I'm not sure what sort of brainwizard thought the UI needed a change? 

Drag and drop is gone and it now takes 3x the amount of time to do a stupid expense report.

Fire the genius that thought change was needed for change's sake and give me back an interface that's worth more than a turd.

Thank you

lvalera
New Member - Level 2

Truly I signed up for a community account just to complain about this and BEG you guys to bring it back. It saved me so much time and effort in the past and now so much of my time is wasted putting expense reports together because I can't drag and drop, and the split screen is gone. This new UI was a total fail. Truly did you even test this on existing users before you launched it???? 

kmisom13

I also signed up to request you bring back the drag and drop feature. It takes an extra 4 steps to add one receipt to one line item. When we have a long report, this is absolutely painful. Do you have an ETA on when the Drag & Drop feature will return? I have an entire Admin Team both U.S. and RoW (rest of world) that would like an answer.

Bobby_S

Yes. PLEASE! Our teams are not happy with this change at all.