cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRanieri
New Member - Level 1

BANK DETAILS CONNECTED TO AN EXPENSE

I'm using two different bank account to receive my expenses requested through Concur. 

It's clear how to change the bank details clicking in to the profile settings.

Considering I'm requesting more than one expenses in the same time and I need that the two different expenses are sent on two different bank accounts, my question is how can I linked each expenses to the correct bank account? Which is the moment that the expenses is taking the bank account where to send the money? Is it the moment when I'm submitting the expenses or when the payment is accepted? May I change my bank account details (for a new expenses) while the previous expenses is in progress for approval and/or payment?

And in conclusion, there is any way to memorized the bank details and quickly switch from one to the other one without every time input all the Iban details? Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RRanieri out of pure curiosity, why are you needing expenses to be reimbursed to two different bank accounts? 

Here are you options to accomplish what you are looking for:

Option 1: Create the first expense report have the bank account you want those expenses to be reimbursed into set as the Active account, which means the second account will need to have the Active field set to No. Have the report go through the approval process, wait for the funds to be deposited. After that, switch the active bank accounts, create the second report and submit it, etc. You would need to follow this procedure each month. 

Option 2: Ask your company's site administrator to set you up with a second SAP Concur profile and use that profile for one bank account and your original profile for the other bank account. 

Option 3: Just use one bank account for all expenses and then transfer the funds. 

If it were me, I would go with either option 2 or 3. 

You cannot associate an expense report to a bank account. The bank account is associated to your profile, that is all. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Billikj
Occasional Member - Level 1

The reason why more than one bank account should be enabled is because people have more than 1 bank account. For example a GBP account (for U.K. costs incurred) and a euro bank account. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Billikj it is common in Europe for people to have two bank accounts? Can't people incur costs outside the U.K. but still be reimbursed into a U.K. bank account? The assigned country of the employee drives which currency they will be reimbursed in, so even if they incur costs in a country using a different currency, the system converts it to the user's default. There isn't any way in the system to assign two different currencies to a user to tell the system which bank account to send the funds.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Billikj

Yes it wouldn’t be uncommon to have an account in more than 1 country. 

Yes you can pay one account but for various reasons (avoid bank charges if reimbursing a UK account and Using a UK card being one). If you use an irish bank's card there are transaction fees every time you use it. Is it not easy to be able to set up and link more than one account  if that is how people want to be reimbursed ? I think it would be a very useful function. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Billikj the system only allows for one activate bank account per profile. If you have users with multiple bank accounts, the easiest option is to create a second profile for them. The system cannot split a reimbursement and send part of it to one bank and another part to a different bank.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
isabellamurphy

How and where do you enter bank details 

@isabellamurphy if activated at your company and for the Expense Group you are assigned, you would see it by signing in to your SAP Concur account and clicking Profile near the upper right. From there, select Profile Settings. On the Profile Settings screen on the left-hand side, look for Expense Settings. Underneath this heading you would see Bank Information. If you do not see it, then I suggest you contact your Finance or Payroll departments to see where you should enter your banking details.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey