cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConYoDog
Occasional Member - Level 2

Audit Rule to not allow report submission for 7 days from expense of an Out of Pocket Expense

Looking for a practical example where the [Entry Date] + 6 Days triggers a stop on the submission of the expense report.

I have tried 

[Entry] + [Transaction Date] + [Any, Within Today -] + [6] 

Goal is to delay submission for expenses that should be via a credit card and are reported as out of pocket.

Any support is appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ConYoDog Hello!  We have a payment type just for this instance.  

The "Pending Card Transaction" payment type is utilized to give users the opportunity to manually enter expense information and itinerary transactions while waiting for the transaction data to arrive in SAP Concur.  The best practice is to leave the expense item in the Expense Library until the payment type updates before moving it into an expense report. 

SAP Concur will not allow an expense report to be submitted if it has "Pending Card Transaction" as the payment type for one of the expenses. The user will have to wait until the expense matches the credit card transaction or the user manually updates the payment type. 

There are two different ways this can be configured:

1. Pending Card Transaction is set up to be the default payment type - every time the user adds an expense to their report that is not a credit card charge, they will be required to either manually select a different available payment type (i.e. Cash/Out of Pocket) or wait for a credit card transaction to match it with. If the entry is later matched to a credit card transaction, the payment type will be overwritten to correspond with the associated card until the report is submitted. Once submitted no matching will occur.
  2. Map the Travel Itineraries in Company Paid Travel Options to Pending Card Transaction - this will force the user to wait for the credit card transaction or to manually mark it as Cash/Out of Pocket.  All other transactions added will default to Cash/Out of Pocket unless the transaction is an actual card transaction or the user chooses to select the Pending Card Transaction payment type.

If this is something you would like to get set up, you can create a Support ticket and our Expense Solutions team will be able to assist. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ConYoDog

@MelanieT thank you for the feedback.

Do you know if the default is Policy Specific or Site Specific.  We have countries that do not use cards and OOP needs to be the 1st choice.

I would like to know how the audit works related to the date as noted, help is appreciated in that regard.

ConYoDog

If anyone can help with my question and how to do the audit rule, that is much appreciated. 

Hi ConYoDog, here is an example of a rule I created, for my user only, to test, and it works.

dlamont_0-1719266104635.png

dlamont_1-1719266208657.png

This should work for you.  

DLamont

I would also hope, you have User Groups, under "Applies To" in first screen shot, for your credit card users, IF you have cash only people that do not use credit cards.  As "Global" applies this to everyone, even if they don't have a company credit card.

But I also understand the issue, as I have seen some of our users, submit as a manual cash entry, then have the credit card transaction come in. Since our cards are paid direct from Concur to the credit card company, this means the employee is paid rather then the credit card and we have to recoup the money, or have the user pay the credit card direct.

D

DLamont
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ConYoDog Payment Types are assigned by Expense Groups, not by policy. So, if you have Expense Groups for those countries not using company cards, you would assign Cash/Out of Pocket as the default payment type for that group and make sure Pending Card Transaction is not active for that group.

As for delaying submission...are you wanting the delay to be from the last out of pocket expense they create? Most likely the users will be creating these on different days.

Try creating a rule with these conditions: Entry Payment Type Equal Cash/Out of Pocket AND Entry Transaction Date Within Today + 7. Give that a try and see if it works. If you have test users and/or test groups, apply the rule to them for testing.

Let me know if it works or not.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Another suggestion to "testing" audit rules, is I add a condition that only my user ID can use the rule - at least while I test and make sure it does what we want. 😉  Some of the rules, make you think "backwords" !

DLamont
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dlamont very good point. You aren't gunning for my job are you? 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager

😮oh no, we can't lose you!  😊

DLamont