cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nyates
Occasional Member - Level 1

Audit Rule for Meal Limits and Credit Cards

I want to create an audit rule that stops people claiming over an amount for a meal.  If this is a cash claim then I can do this easily, but if its a company credit card then I still need the full amount of the meal accounted for.  I've been looking at using itemisation and having the amount over the limit marked as personal but I can't get this to work.    

5 REPLIES 5
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@nyates Hello!  Are you saying that if it's a cash transaction they can only claim so much, but if it is a CC transaction, they can expense the whole amount?  Just want to make sure I am understanding what you need. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
nyates

@MelanieT         Hi Melanie, I want to put a limit on the Card claims but the employee still needs to account for the entire spend as the cards are company paid.  eg, if someone uses a card and spends £20 on lunch and the limit is £15, I want to be able to limit their claim to £15 whilst still account for the full £20.  I am thinking of doing this by using audit rules to force £5 to me marked as Personal spend.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nyates you should be able to create a rule that says if the entry is a card transaction AND the Expense Type Equals Lunch AND The Entry Amount is Greater than 15GPB AND the Transaction Type Equals Expense without itemization. This should prevent any report where someone went over the limit from submitting unless they itemize. There may be a little more to it as well. Stay tuned. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
nyates

@KevinD 

Thanks Kevin - the Transaction Type suggestion is really helpful. So my next problem is this....I have an entry of £20 which I should itemise as £15 lunch and £5 personal.  But how to I force the £5 to be personal as it is below the limit? If I itemise as £15 and £5 and do not mark as personal it will still pass the audit rule.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nyates try building your rule like the below. My colleague sent this to me. Give it a test and let me know if it works or not.

For the first condition, don't use the "In" operator. Use Equals, then the one expense type you want. I think you might need to make one rule per each meal. It's really easy because you create the one rule, get it all set up, then make a copy. Once copied then just edit the expense type and the amount. 

KevinD_0-1713382342336.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager