cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelamcdonald
Occasional Member - Level 3

Audit Rule Question

I am trying to allow only 2 individuals within our organization to be able to allocate to 2 particular cost centers. I've been trying to add parenthesis but I'm not getting far...If_Then.jpg

1 Solution
Solution
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @angelamcdonald, are you trying to achieve:

1. ONLY those two employees can allocate to those two Cost Centers (i.e. block all other employees from using them); or
  2. Those two employees can ONLY allocate to those two Cost Centers (i.e. block them from allocating to any other Cost Centers)?

I'm assuming you want scenario 1 so you just need to change the comparator for Employee ID from OR to AND and it should work. Put single parentheses around the last two conditions (Cost Center).

DeanR_0-1679874363080.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @angelamcdonald, are you trying to achieve:

1. ONLY those two employees can allocate to those two Cost Centers (i.e. block all other employees from using them); or
  2. Those two employees can ONLY allocate to those two Cost Centers (i.e. block them from allocating to any other Cost Centers)?

I'm assuming you want scenario 1 so you just need to change the comparator for Employee ID from OR to AND and it should work. Put single parentheses around the last two conditions (Cost Center).

DeanR_0-1679874363080.png

angelamcdonald

That worked beautifully. Thanks so much! 

Emerson44
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering what Event you use for this audit rule? I am trying to create the same rule for different policy groups (i.e. members of one policy group can only choose from a specific list of cost centers rather than all of them we have in our system).

angelamcdonald

I was using Employee since the audit rule revolved around employee IDs.