cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kolasolution
Occasional Member - Level 1

Assistance Needed for Bulk Updating User CTE Login Name and Email in Concur

Hello Concur Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. We are currently facing a challenge with bulk updating the CTE Login Name and email addresses for our users in Concur. I would appreciate your assistance in guiding us through this process. 

Objective:

We need to perform a bulk update for the following user information:

• CTE Login Name
  • Email Address
7 REPLIES 7
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kolasolution I see that your company runs the Employee Import nightly.  To update the Login ID via this import follow these steps:

To update an employee's Login ID and/or Employee ID:

1. Go to Updated Training Links (https://www.concurtraining.com/toolkit/en/updated-links)
  2. Click Technical Toolkit - Travel and Expense
  3. Open file Technical-Deployment-Toolkit-Current.zip
  4. Open Technical Deployment Toolkit
  5. Open Headers and other Tools
  6. Open Header - Employee import.xls 
  7. Fill in fields tab 100 (Import Settings)
  8. Fill in fields tab 320 (Emp-Login ID Updates)
  9. Open Notepad 
  10. Copy data only (not headers) from 100 and 320. Copy the same number of columns as the template (example 7 for 100 record and 9 for 320 record)
  11. Replace spaces with delimiter (Depending on your import configuration, spaces will need to be replaced with comma or pipe.)
    • Highlight space between two columns
    • Ctrl-C
    • Edit > Replace
    • Ctrl-V (to copy "space" in search field)
    • Enter delimiter (to replace "space" with comma or pipe)
    • choose Replace all
  12. Save the file using Encoding type UTF-8 BOM
Once the file is ready, an admin with the Import/Extract Monitor role can upload the file following these steps:
  1. Go to Administration > Company > Tools
  2. Click Import/Extract Monitor
  3. Click on Imports tab
  4. Select Employee Import from Import Type
  5. Click Upload
  6. Click Browse to locate > open
  7. Select Upload History to verify file uploaded successfully

To update the Email Address you can use the 100/305 record.  The 305-record type is an improved version of the '300' record that is used for creating or updating expense and travel user profiles. The benefit of using this record type is that you don't need to fill in all the details like you would with the User Import. For instance, if you only want to update the email address and terminate a user, you don't have to provide information for all the fields marked in red. Only the 'Trx Type', 'Employee ID', 'Login ID', 'Email Address', and 'Active (Y/N)' fields will suffice. For more information on the specific fields required for a 305 Employee Import record, please refer to the article titled What are the minimum required fields for a 300/305 Employee Import record?

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kolasolution

@MelanieT 

Hi Melanie

I have gone through this process and am currently stuck on the following steps:

• Filling in fields on tab 100 (Import Settings)
  • Filling in fields on tab 320 (Emp-Login ID Updates)

Could you please let me know if there is any support available to help with this process? Additionally, is there a video guide that I can refer to for assistance?

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kolasolution Hello!  Yes, our Import and Extracts team can definitely help you with filling in these two sections.  I will also attach the Employee Import Tech guide for you, as that also has lots of information!  Here is an example of the 100 record:

MelanieT_0-1718656082554.png

Here is an example of the 320:  

MelanieT_1-1718656176737.png

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kolasolution

@MelanieT 

Thanks for the screenshot. I've followed the process, but I'm encountering the following error message:

kolasolution_0-1718702337480.png

Below is what I am uploading. Could you please help me identify where the error might be coming from?

kolasolution_1-1718703146807.jpeg

Andras
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @kolasolution 

There are two ways to resolve this issue:

Scenario 1:

Download new user import template and reload correct data by navigating to the below path:

Administrator  > Company  > Company Admin > User Administration > Import User > Click on the User Import Information link.

Scenario 2:

Remove the column that is triggering the error from existing user import template and reload it.

The issue can appear because of:

• Using the old (outdated) template
  • Invalid or unknown column entries used in the import template
  • Incorrect columns order

Please let me know about the results.

Best wishes,

Andras Lukanecz
SAP Concur

kolasolution

@Andras @MelanieT 
The process is breaking from this point:

1. Replace spaces with delimiter (Depending on your import configuration, spaces will need to be replaced with comma or pipe.)
    • Highlight space between two columns
    • Ctrl-C
    • Edit > Replace
    • Ctrl-V (to copy "space" in search field)
    • Enter delimiter (to replace "space" with comma or pipe)
    • choose Replace all
  2. Save the file using Encoding type UTF-8 BOM

Do I save as txt or as csv- we can only upload as csv , please advise 

We encounter an issue when saving as CSV. Although we can only upload as CSV, saving it as CSV leads to an error. What is the correct process for saving the file as a CSV?

I am using the recent template downloaded from the provided link.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kolasolution Can you send me a private message with the file you have created?  And then do I have your permission to try and save it as .csv? 

To send me a private message, click my username (MelanieT), then click Message.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen